turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Pup finally scores

Started by wvmntnhick, January 22, 2017, 10:39:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wvmntnhick

Had the pup out this morning. He's been progressing quite well. Today he hit a den tree with some hot scent and went nuts. It paid off thankfully. Just leashed him up and went straight to the truck so the hunt could end on a high note.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wvmntnhick

Can anyone tell me how to put a video on here with Tapatalk?

Tombo

Should make you a good one :drool:what is his breeding?

wvspitndrum

That's a good deal !! My father-in-law just got a little mt cur pup that I hope gets rolling along pretty soon !

Greg Massey

nice job, and good looking dog

wvmntnhick

Quote from: Tombo on January 22, 2017, 10:45:00 AM
Should make you a good one :drool:what is his breeding?
If you're looking for the exact line he came from, I'm not certain. Have yet to register him because I've never seen a piece of paper make a dog hunt any harder. Having said that, he came from a guy in WV that's very knowledgable about what he's crossing. I've had 3 mountain feist's so far and all have came from his property. Never had a bad one yet from this guy and he recently stopped breeding.

I guess I've said all of that to say this: it's a mountain feist. Lovely lil guy that just wants to please you.

mgm1955

VA_Birdhunter

WV....awesome!  I love hunting with dogs....I currently have 3 English setters and have been grouse hunting as long as I've been turkey hunting.   It's my second passion for sure along with turkey hunting.   Even though I pursue a different critter than u...I'm sure U will agree There is nothing like watching good dog work and killing a bird etc  is just an adds bonus!  Wish u the best with yours buddy!! 
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens

wvmntnhick

Quote from: VA_Birdhunter on January 22, 2017, 11:16:23 PM
WV....awesome!  I love hunting with dogs....I currently have 3 English setters and have been grouse hunting as long as I've been turkey hunting.   It's my second passion for sure along with turkey hunting.   Even though I pursue a different critter than u...I'm sure U will agree There is nothing like watching good dog work and killing a bird etc  is just an adds bonus!  Wish u the best with yours buddy!!
If we still had a bird population like we did when I was in high school, I'd probably have a German short haired pointer right now. Hunted with one for years and loved every minute of it. The fact that squirrels outnumber birds in our area by a great margin pushed me in that direction. But I agree, there are few things better than watching a dog work. Wish I could get the video up because man he worked this one pretty hard.

Bearhunter247

I know what u mean when when it comes to watching the light come on in a young dogs mind. I bred my best bear hound male to a gyp coondog I have best cross I think iv ever made. Had 2 pups runnin bears at 9 months old the others started before they turned a year old I didn't hunt this one very much til coon season came in and he's falling into place quickly been taking him almostevery night for the 2 weeks an he's been running the track decent and treeing good.

perrytrails

Good looking pup, hope he makes a good one for ya.

If the video is on your iPhone you should be able to upload with tapatalk.
Hit the plus like uploading pics and choose video.

If it's not on your phone, play it on your pc and record it with your phone at the same time. Then upload it with tapatalk from your phone.

wvmntnhick

Quote from: perrytrails on January 24, 2017, 12:00:42 AM

If it's not on your phone, play it on your pc and record it with your phone at the same time. Then upload it with tapatalk from your phone.
It's on my phone but for one reason or another it won't allow me to access it at all. Only thing it allows me access to is the still photos.

Dr Juice

Quote from: wvmntnhick on January 24, 2017, 05:22:57 AM
Quote from: perrytrails on January 24, 2017, 12:00:42 AM

It's on my phone but for one reason or another it won't allow me to access it at all. Only thing it allows me access to is the still photos.
Perhaps the file is too large?

wvmntnhick

Maybe but I'd think that it would at least let me access it. None of the videos come up as an option.

perrytrails

I agree your file is probably too large. You can crop your video and save just a portion of it. Bring up your video. At the bottom next to the trash can there is three lines with dots. Choose this and you can crop or save just a portion of your video.

Just touch the far right side and slide, same on the left. What is highlighted in yellow is your new cropped video. Hope this helps.

If it won't let you access the video make sure your using the square with the triangles and not the camera icon to upload with.