OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Turkey hunting naked!

Started by Cutt, April 06, 2011, 08:53:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cutt

Got your attention! :lol:

Are you a turkey hunter that prefers to gun hunt naked without the use of a blind or decoys?
No not literally naked, but meaning out in the open with no dekes?

No wrong anwsers as there are many ways to hunt them, but just curious if any hunters feel the same way gun hunting, were decoys and a blind are not really needed and it makes it a bit more of a challenge? I just basically sit against a tree and no decoys, and really enjoy this way of hunting. I'm sure there are others who are even more challenging and do not even use a blind bowhunting?

Although the few times I bowhunt, I do use a blind, to cheat my draw, and do use decoys here for a close shot. But in all honesty I hate decoys as they can make or break a hunt and elect not to use them gunning, or a blind. Anyone else like to gun hunt turkeys without the use of a blind and decoy? Thanks

redarrow

I prefer to go at it naked. Although it gets painful if you set on an acorn. :toothy12:

Cutt

Quote from: redarrow on April 06, 2011, 08:56:13 PM
I prefer to go at it naked. Although it gets painful if you set on an acorn. :toothy12:

:lol:, watch out for poison ivy too!

huntingirl

I've never used a blind but I do use decoys periodically.
** It's me, the same HuntinGirl from before!**

870FaceLift

I don't use a blind either.  I use dekes every once in awhile.  I do plan on buying a blind in a few years though, when my son is old enough to tag along.  I think the blind is a good way to hide the wiggles :lol:
Pass it on...

harvester

FireFly908

Oh, but those snakes can sure put a hurt on ya if ya hunt naked!   ;D
Actually, I have bad knees so I've always used a blind and dekes since I need to sit in a chair and move once in awhile to stretch the old knees.

HOOKS1

Well, I've been hunting turkeys naked for over forty years!! No blinds or decoys for me.

Gobblestopper

No blinds, No dekes, and up until last Spring No calls. 19 birds in 8 years. 
Super Naked!

Basin_hunter

No blinds for me either. My decoy serves as extra back padding in my vest 90 percent of the time. I really only use one call the rest take up space in my vest.
In fall we rut, in spring we strut

TnTurk

surehuntsalot

a blind every once in awhile
dekes once in a blue moon
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

RutnNStrutn

I rarely use a blind, but I use dekes on a regular basis. With that said, I much prefer to run & gun, and hunt with no dekes. However, down here in Florida & the SE, where I mainly hunt, that doesn't work very good.....at least not to my experience.

goblr77

I do hunt almost naked sometimes. When it gets real hot here in SW GA I will wear a bug tamer over boxers and a t shirt.

Basser69

No blind or decoy when solo but with the kids I use both