OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Happy Trump Day

Started by Bowguy, January 20, 2017, 05:52:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uncle Tom

"have a hard time not getting his way"....i would hope so. That is exactly what was wrong under Bushs'...when the Republicans could not get their changes proposed and every thing stayed status quo....went thru all those years and they could not get anything accomplished that was helpful for this country...why?...because they caved in to the liberals every time and accepted NOT getting their way. Now we hopefully have a man with something between his legs and carrying a big stick and I believe knows how to use it. All the snowflakes going to have to listen to Trumps speaking and rants for 4 years just like we had to under liberals for 8 years...and as Grandma said "her can ride or her can walk, her can do as her pleases." We all know how we have felt for 8 long years and what a feeling of despair we went thru, well, welcome to the new times be it good or bad...but it sure feels good right now.

turkeyfoot

we've been getting screwed for 8 years time to turn some of it around from our basic rights to healthcare. Way it is now the damn  liberals get their way to to easy look at poor NC trying to stand up for decency by outlawing bunch fruits from going into women's bathrooms so rest of country bullies them into submission with the all might dollar

Cut N Run

I voted Trump, I just don't believe the goods he was selling. 

Jim 
Luck counts, good or bad.

nsselle

Can't believe these animals destroying DC. Hope this woman's march is peaceful today. Time to face reality folks he is here and is not going anywhere!

SKYNET KC

I would caution all of you to throwing blind trust behind someone just because of their party. I would consider 90-95% of my personal values as conservative, but identify as a libertarian. The top two people who were unfit to rule this country were the ones who ran in the end. The only bright side to trump is that hopefully the GOP Congress will be able to keep their reigns on him tight. Don't forget that Trump was buddy-buddy with the Clinton's until very recently. I trust him as far as I can throw him, and he's certainly not the person I want with his finger on the trigger to the most powerful military force in the world.

As a veteran, and someone who has a bachelors in Political Science with a focus in International Relations, the only business we have outside of our borders right now is protecting Israel. We don't need to start anymore wars, we don't need to seek out any regimes we need to squash, we don't need to stir the pot. We've been at war for 16 years. It's time to wrap things up and come home.

Also keep in mind that it's the GOP who basically wants to eradicate the public land system. Although Trump has said he doesn't plan on pursuing this, I wouldn't bet on his personal money interests not taking precedent over something he "promised" to get votes. He's already bailed on several promises, and he's been in office one whole day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greg Massey

Quote from: SKYNET KC on January 21, 2017, 10:19:32 AM
I would caution all of you to throwing blind trust behind someone just because of their party. I would consider 90-95% of my personal values as conservative, but identify as a libertarian. The top two people who were unfit to rule this country were the ones who ran in the end. The only bright side to trump is that hopefully the GOP Congress will be able to keep their reigns on him tight. Don't forget that Trump was buddy-buddy with the Clinton's until very recently. I trust him as far as I can throw him, and he's certainly not the person I want with his finger on the trigger to the most powerful military force in the world.

As a veteran, and someone who has a bachelors in Political Science with a focus in International Relations, the only business we have outside of our borders right now is protecting Israel. We don't need to start anymore wars, we don't need to seek out any regimes we need to squash, we don't need to stir the pot. We've been at war for 16 years. It's time to wrap things up and come home.

Also keep in mind that it's the GOP who basically wants to eradicate the public land system. Although Trump has said he doesn't plan on pursuing this, I wouldn't bet on his personal money interests not taking precedent over something he "promised" to get votes. He's already bailed on several promises, and he's been in office one whole day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk  If i didn't trust Trump , i wouldn't have voted for him. Also can you tell me what promises he has already broken being in office one day...He only has 2 cabinet members..I think we need to give Trump and Pence a change to do good for this country...I have told respect for our New president until he proves different.

Greg Massey

Quote from: Cut N Run on January 21, 2017, 08:50:51 AM
I voted Trump, I just don't believe the goods he was selling. 

Jim
The beauty of democracy is opinions....so let's just give him a change ....

SKYNET KC

Quote from: Greg Massey on January 21, 2017, 11:03:19 AM

If i didn't trust Trump , i wouldn't have voted for him. Also can you tell me what promises he has already broken being in office one day...He only has 2 cabinet members..I think we need to give Trump and Pence a change to do good for this country...I have told respect for our New president until he proves different.

Since you asked...

1. He's already walked back the "special prosecutor" for Hillary that he promised during the debates. She will now go write a book a make millions more and not serve a day in prison where she belongs.

2. BUILD THE WALL is now...well, we might build a fence in some spots. Not to mention that his entire immigration policy has done a total 180, so we can call that 2.5, I guess.

3. "Drain the swamp" has turned into lobbyists galore sprinkled throughout his transition team. His cabinet is full of questionable nominees that a lot of people who don't identify as democrats can't get behind. Not to mention the most establishment republicans are who he is chauffeuring into the White House as we speak.

4. He said that his business would be in a Blind Trust, as not to sway his decisions for the country when his business hangs in the balance. Now he is just giving the reigns to his children, but will be able to see gains and losses and is avoiding the Blind Trust that he promised.

5. His "buy American" pledge lasted all of 15 seconds, when it was quickly discovered all the memorabilia he was selling at his inauguration was all made in China. To my knowledge, his entire clothing line is still being sewn together by the fingers of tiny Chinese children making a nickel a day.

Should I keep going? There are plenty more.

For the record, I think that Hillary Clinton was the most unfit person in history to hold the office of POTUS. But in a close second behind her was Trump.

1iagobblergetter

Anyone of the others that were running would have been the same old crap. He's getting his chance let's see what he can do and stand behind him. This country has been heading in the wrong direction for a long time. It wasnt broke in a day it also wont be fixed in one.I thought his speech yesterday was awesome. God's name was also part of his speech,worrying about Americans first and foremost,etc...

backwater

:gobble

Quote from: 1iagobblergetter on January 21, 2017, 01:57:59 PM
Anyone of the others that were running would have been the same old crap. He's getting his chance let's see what he can do and stand behind him. This country has been heading in the wrong direction for a long time. It wasnt broke in a day it also wont be fixed in one.I thought his speech yesterday was awesome. God's name was also part of his speech,worrying about Americans first and foremost,etc...
Agreed

Greg Massey

Quote from: backwater on January 21, 2017, 02:41:41 PM

Agreed
X3 , some people are just Mad....lets gave him a chance ....

Greg Massey

If you go to the White House gift shop. it shows everything is 100 percent made in the USA...

SKYNET KC

Oh please. Darrel Castle and Evan McMullin would have been phenomenal Presidents if you truly value conservatism. They're more Republican than Trump would ever hope to be. And Gary Johnson was probably the most level headed of them all.

I'm sure you all were just as ready to "give Obama his chance" when he took office. I'll give Trump as much of a chance as the next guy, I'm just not blinded by party affiliation like most.

I voted Republican in 2008 and 2012. It's their own fault they didn't win. The GOP pushed junk candidates both times and said that we HAD to vote for them. They're very lucky the Democrats were ballsy enough to nominate Hillary, as Bernie would have been an absolute landslide for the Dems if he hadn't been cheated.

1iagobblergetter

Quote from: Greg Massey on January 21, 2017, 03:12:14 PM

Agreed
I think we found one of them....Lol....this guy can't figure out the names he listed didn't have a chance in HEdouble toothpicks in winning...quit whinnng and support our new President Donald J.Trump.....also as far as him being not far enough from his business and having his kids run it. You don't think other Presidents didn't have businesses,investments,big name family's with businesses and investments,etc???

SKYNET KC

Quote from: 1iagobblergetter on January 21, 2017, 05:13:09 PM
Quote from: Greg Massey on January 21, 2017, 03:12:14 PM

Agreed
I think we found one of them....Lol....this guy can't figure out the names he listed didn't have a chance in HEdouble toothpicks in winning...quit whinnng and support our new President Donald J.Trump.....also as far as him being not far enough from his business and having his kids run it. You don't think other Presidents didn't have businesses,investments,big name family's with businesses and investments,etc???

Lol. If you say so bud. I could care less who won. I've already condemned Hillary several times in this thread. We were all picking between Hiroshima or Nagasaki. Trump is easily the most "liberal" republican ever elected, and all of you are acting like Jesus just rode in on a white horse. A Christian voter should have had a very difficult time voting for someone who advocates for the sexual assault of women. But I know plenty that didn't, including my father, who's a Pastor. People were so blinded by hate for Hillary that they would have voted for a goat before her(and probably would have been better off). I don't have to support anyone, including the POTUS. I'll give him a CHANCE, but opportunity does not equal support. It's people like you that make it so easy to pick on Republicans. I haven't whined once in this thread, but you're very eager to throw that label on me because I disagree with you.

If you really want to talk about the importance of voting third party, feel free to message me. I can give you literature for days on why voting for who you want and not the party you want is more important. Johnson missed funding for the Libertarian party by a couple hundred thousand votes. Votes that were missed because people were so scared of Hillary. Just because someone "didn't have a chance" doesn't mean that your vote doesn't move something.

And to answer your last question, no President has had a company worth billions massively involved in real estate and international trade (the biggest players in the economy) just hanging out for him to make money off of. Most Presidents haven't been business owners, they've been lawyers.