OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

My 2010 season ended with a BANG!

Started by huntingirl, April 06, 2011, 08:46:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

X-Tennessean

Excellent end to a season !! May your 2011 season be just as eventful and congrats on a GREAT bird ! One question though, did you have him mounted ? I would have had to even if I had to pick up every penny I seen laying on the ground !! Congrats and GOOD LUCK   :happy0064:

BigHooks

Congrats, what a bird even beeing with your Dad must have been a great hunt.Now go getum this year too....

allchokedup

Basser69

RutnNStrutn

Congrats on your multi-beard close out of last season, and best of luck this season!!! :icon_thumright:

TURKEYSLAYER101

What a bird! Congrats!!!!!!!  :icon_thumright:

TURKEYSLAYER 101
Some people hear voices in their heads. I hear turkeys!!!!

njdevilsb

What an awesome bird.  Congrats and good luck this year.

kansas hooks

Congrats on a great bird!!!  Even bigger congrats on the Masters degree!!! :happy0064:

AndyH

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

bowhunter84

Ol'Mossy

flintlock

Way to go girl, that is awesome!!! 

Wess
If you must smoke, please use BLACKPOWDER!

huntingirl

Quote from: X-Tennessean on April 06, 2011, 10:05:59 PM
Excellent end to a season !! May your 2011 season be just as eventful and congrats on a GREAT bird ! One question though, did you have him mounted ? I would have had to even if I had to pick up every penny I seen laying on the ground !! Congrats and GOOD LUCK   :happy0064:

Honestly, I had no idea he was a trophy gobbler.  I mean, I knew it was a really rare thing, but I had no idea it was such a trophy.  The more I read about it, its pretty rare to have 3 long beards on one bird.  I didn't even know about scoring them and entering them into the NWTF record book until the other night when I read a post on here about it.  And from what I calculated, with 100 points, I have taken a bird that would rank as the #2 in the state by a female hunter.  But more importantly to me:  It was another successful hunt with my #1 hunting partner!   ;D

If I had it to do all over again, I think I'd definitely have it mounted!  :)
** It's me, the same HuntinGirl from before!**

X-Tennessean

You atleast walked away with some memories for a lifetime, that is what it's all about anyhow !! Congrats again :)