turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Vest or bag?

Started by turkeykiller22, January 19, 2017, 02:09:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkeykiller22

Personally I like my vest over a bag. Do you use a vest or a bag while turkey hunting? What do you think pros and cons to both are?

Drew
Grounded Brand - https://groundedbrand.com/

Tail Feathers

For me, a vest distributes the weight more evenly than a bag carried on one shoulder.  And it doesn't slide down.
I've tried fanny packs but they slide down all the time due to my "noassatall" disease.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

MK M GOBL

I use a pack for my turkey gear, I have been trying to cut down on what I carry and going with the essentials.
Here's what that looks like.

MK M GOBL

WNCTracker

I'm glad you posted this.  Every year I look at turkey vests and wonder why so many people use them.  I've only ever used a regular camo back pack.  I'm sure that it's one of those things where once you use one it would make sense and I'd think, "how did I live without this."

slwayne

Quote from: Tail Feathers on January 19, 2017, 02:15:30 PM
For me, a vest distributes the weight more evenly than a bag carried on one shoulder.  And it doesn't slide down.
I've tried fanny packs but they slide down all the time due to my "noassatall" disease.
x2, plus I love that 2 inch thick  pad that hangs from the bottom of my vest

Full strut

im a turkey purse kinda guy haha but seriously im essentials only and find that a satchel works good for how i hunt. i bought one of those tom teasers quick sacks two years ago and it has worked out well so far.

Greg Massey

Bag, not near as hot , and a lot easier to move around ....

mikejd

After using a bag i will never even own a vest again.

Bowguy

Quote from: slwayne on January 19, 2017, 03:39:42 PM
Quote from: Tail Feathers on January 19, 2017, 02:15:30 PM
x2, plus I love that 2 inch thick  pad that hangs from the bottom of my vest
X3 I'm a vest guy too. Can't imagine trying to remember one more thing(seat).

TauntoHawk

I've tried a vest, I tried a backpack never did land on the perfect set up guess i need to carry less
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

KentuckyHeadhunter

I'm a vest guy.  Distribution of weight, distribution of calls, a comfy seat attached, easy to grab items such as flashlight, shells, calls, and even TP.  Not bulky. 
Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion

maytom

Another vote for the vest. :gobble:

Happy

I am a vest guy. I don't carry a whole lot of hunting equipment but I like being prepared in case something happens while a mile or more back in the mountains on my own. I carry a couple pot calls, a scratchbox and some diaphrams.

Sent from my SM-G800R4 using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Dr Juice

Quote from: KentuckyHeadhunter on January 19, 2017, 06:44:43 PM
I'm a vest guy.  Distribution of weight, distribution of calls, a comfy seat attached, easy to grab items such as flashlight, shells, calls, and even TP.  Not bulky.
X2

USMC0331

After getting Badlands monster fanny pack/ bag I gave all 3 of my vest away to new turkey hunters. For me the vest is entirely too hot .