News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Vest or bag?

Started by turkeykiller22, January 19, 2017, 02:09:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg Massey

Quote from: USMC0331 on January 19, 2017, 10:14:56 PM
After getting Badlands monster fanny pack/ bag I gave all 3 of my vest away to new turkey hunters. For me the vest is entirely too hot .
x2

appalachianassassin

neither. I wear a trumpet around my neck, put mouth calls in my pocket, paint the backs of my hands and a little on my face. that is the essentials, anything else is extra.

wvmntnhick

Vest. Been wearing it for so long that it feels odd going in without it. If I'm hunting a place with lots of birds I've been known to take just a couple diaphragm calls and a locator. If it's going to be an all day ordeal, I'm taking the vest.

ChiefBubba

I've been using the fanny pack for a couple of years. Being an older gent I need the lounger so I carry that in or a chair for the ground blind. Bubba

ncwoodsman

I've been using a vest so long I guess I'm just partial to the vest. However, I recently picked up a Tom Teaser Quick Sack to see how I like it this year when it starts getting hot.

mikejd

I use a bag made by penns woods but it is very similar to the Brossie which I also use.

VA_Birdhunter

Without a second thought a vest!!
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens

Swampchickin234

Vest.  If i tried the pack and hated it. If it's too hot now, wingbone around my neck, couple mouth calls, shove face mask in my pocket and roll

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swampchickin234

I tried

supremepredator

Quote from: Tail Feathers on January 19, 2017, 02:15:30 PM
For me, a vest distributes the weight more evenly than a bag carried on one shoulder.  And it doesn't slide down.
I've tried fanny packs but they slide down all the time due to my "noassatall" disease.
i also suffer from this illness... I use a vest as well, but the guy that taught me how to turkey hunt says he uses a vest then swaps to a fanny pack when the weather gets hot.
"Save the habitat,save the hunt"

Tennessee Lead

I'm a vest guy.
If I had the Brossie I'd probably use it with my vest LOL!!!!
I've got a bad habit of carrying too many calls or gear. I'm a gadget guy ha.

2dogs1name

Fullfan

For the past 32 or so years  have hunted with a turkey vest. I could not imagine being in the spring woods
without one.
Don't gobble at me...

Tail Feathers

Many folks here talk about a vest being hot.  I live in Texas and know about heat and humidity.  I find my vest makes little to no difference in that respect.  I borrowed an Elite III one time and found that one did seem to be rather hot.  A strap vest is where it's at.

Love to hunt the King of Spring!

catman529