turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

mossberg 20 gauge bantam

Started by tnanh, January 09, 2017, 06:51:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tnanh

I have a 20 gauge Mossberg bantam that I don't use much anymore and I have been wanting to set it up to turkey hunt with every now and then. It is wood stock and blued. My question is should I be concerned about the chrome bolt scaring birds. I don't mind it not being camo. I just have concerns about that chrome bolt and wondered do any of y'all hunt with a model 500 with a chrome bolt.

davisd9

They do not care, hiding in the shadows were nothing will shine is a plus as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Greg Massey

Take you a black sharpie and just color it in...that will take the shine off ...

tnanh

Thanks. Never thought about the sharpy.

Happy

Took a sharpie to my son's gun as well.

Sent from my SM-G800R4 using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

tnanh

put a sharpy on it tonight. Thanks.

Frylock

Quote from: davisd9 on January 09, 2017, 07:08:25 PM

They do not care, hiding in the shadows were nothing will shine is a plus as well.

Is it a pain in the butt getting to the tang safety with the pistol grip?

davisd9

Quote from: Frylock on February 11, 2017, 09:21:55 PM
Quote from: davisd9 on January 09, 2017, 07:08:25 PM

Pain in the butt no, but it does take some getting used to.  Never had any issues when it was time to shoot a bird though.
Is it a pain in the butt getting to the tang safety with the pistol grip?

"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer