turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

How many of you guys shooting 3 1/2?

Started by thuber, January 08, 2017, 08:39:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thuber

I'm wondering if it really makes a difference. Here in Virginia the shots I get are always relatively close. What's you're preference?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yoder409

Love the 3.5" LBXR 12's outta my SX2 and SX3 !!

Most always never needed...............but nice to have just in case.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

bbcoach

I shoot the 3 1/2 Hevi 7's and have numerous boxes of 3 1/2 LB's and Turkey Thugs.  Are 3 1/2's a requirement, NO but I like the pattern density.  You can kill birds out to 40 yards with much less.  It's a personal decision.

Bowguy

I shot 3-1/2" as long as I can remember. I like more shot in the air as long as it doesn't blow up the pattern. Some guns are friendlier to the shell. Some it's too much shot.
Just recently started w a 3" though I'm not getting rid of my 3-1/2" guns

MK M GOBL

Never found the need, we kill them just as easy with a 3" 12 or even a 20ga. Bring them birds in at 15 steps and you can knock them over with most anything :)

MK M GOBL

1iagobblergetter

Quote from: MK M GOBL on January 09, 2017, 12:00:57 AM
Never found the need, we kill them just as easy with a 3" 12 or even a 20ga. Bring them birds in at 15 steps and you can knock them over with most anything :)

MK M GOBL
x2 I have several 3 1/2 inch Guns. I seem to always grab my T/C Encore W/ Nikon turkey pro 3inch chamber. It's easy lights out at 40yds. Part of the fun to me is calling them in close. I think the farthest one this past spring was under 20yds.

Dr Juice

I shoot 3" and 3.5" depending on the load because of their pattern density. The pattern dictates the size of the shell for me.

blueridgegobbler

I like the 3.5 , only reason they don't make a 4. Needed probably not neither is $300 dollar boots, $100 calls and $300 dollars worth of camo.

ChiefBubba

The Hevi #7s 3 1/2s have an incredible number of pellets in but saying that I'm scaling back to the 3" 7s just don't want to shoot that wallop anymore. That's is after all my 3 1/2s are gone!  :z-guntootsmiley:
2 3/4s were killing them dead for years. Bubba 

Swampchickin234

I like em yella shells!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wvnut3

I got rid of my 3 1/2 shells. Have a few 3in 12 ga left. Once i started shooting the 20 ga i got hooked and don't know why it took me so long. It is enjoyable to shoot all day long, lightweight to carry all day long and does not  beat you up. Lee

dirt road ninja

3.5's for me when shooting factory ammo, i like lots of pellets.

Happy

I like the 3.5" shell. Don't need it but it is what I have always used and my gun shoots them well.

Sent from my SM-G800R4 using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

jordanz7935

I didn't buy a 935 to shoot 3" @ turkeys. 3&1/2" =More pellets and better patterns in my gun. In my case and I'm sure others can relate, I feel like I need 3.5" turkey loads in my 935 to justify carrying the extra weight of my 12 ga compared to my 20 GA's shooting HW#7s.That said, I know I would be shooting 3" in a lightweight pump gun due to the recoil of those 3.5". Also I know some 3.5" chambered guns that 3" actually pattern better, but that's never been the case with my 935.

USMC0331

3.5 for me since it patterned the best in my shotgun.