Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

ALREADY at some dealers near you.......... !!!!

Started by Yoder409, January 08, 2017, 06:38:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yoder409

Hoooooo boooooooooy....... !!!!

Thinking I'm gonna have to have me one of these !!!!!!!!!  Have a 2 and a 3.  Not sure HOW they could improve the line much more.  But I guess lighter and even faster, yet.......

http://www.winchesterguns.com/products/shotguns/super-x4.html
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

TalksToTurkeys

:thanks:  I thought I needed a new bow but I see I need a new shotgun first.  :funnyturkey:

wvmntnhick

You can pretty much guess that these are going to keep coming out. They've got to compete with the Italian lines and other competition so they're gonna keep coming with new models. Personally, I like it when they do. It drops the value of the previous model so maybe an sx3 20 gauge is in my future after all.

longislandloco

The jury is out.....I know a number of duck hunters who feel the SX4 may be inferior to the SX3 in some ways, maybe a bean counters gun, who knows, guess we'll have to wait and see.
"A man ought to have a good shotgun, needn't be an expensive shotgun, just a good shotgun".....Old Moe

Yoder409

Quote from: wvmntnhick on January 08, 2017, 08:17:14 PM
You can pretty much guess that these are going to keep coming out. They've got to compete with the Italian lines and other competition so they're gonna keep coming with new models. Personally, I like it when they do. It drops the value of the previous model so maybe an sx3 20 gauge is in my future after all.

From what I can gather from talking to the owners of the Italian guns..............were it not for their huge advertising expenditures, it would be THEM trying to compete with the Belgian Winchesters.

Hopefully the SX4 intro will get you into your SX3 20 ga. at a good price.  But have a look at the prices of the SX2's yet !!!   I am certain I could sell mine for MORE than what I paid for it new 15 0r16 years ago.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Tail Feathers

Of course they have a 4.  Mostly because I bought an SX3 last year! :TooFunny:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

SX3Mike

I have shot a 3 since 2007.  I shoot at least 5-6 cases of steel shot at ducks every year and I have never had one issue with my SX3.  Ordered a 24" barrel and plan on gobbler hunting with it this year since I bought A400 to change it up in the blind.  That said I don't see any improvements on the 4 from the 3.  When they went to the 3 there was a few major differences.  On the 4 it seems like a marketing grab to say it is "faster".  In all honesty, how many of us have actually outran the semi autos we have now?  Buds has them in stock and what I don't understand is that if it was an improvement over the 3 wouldn't they be more expensive?  You can get the 28" SX4 waterfowl edition for about $150 less than a SX3.  Just my opinion, maybe I am just partial to my old meat stick...

longislandloco

Hmmmmm......Maybe I should grab an SX3 before there gone!
"A man ought to have a good shotgun, needn't be an expensive shotgun, just a good shotgun".....Old Moe

allaboutshooting

The changes appear to be very subtle although I've not yet handled one to really feel the differences.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

eorlando

Quote from: SX3Mike on January 10, 2017, 12:40:55 PM
I have shot a 3 since 2007.  I shoot at least 5-6 cases of steel shot at ducks every year and I have never had one issue with my SX3.  Ordered a 24" barrel and plan on gobbler hunting with it this year since I bought A400 to change it up in the blind.  That said I don't see any improvements on the 4 from the 3.  When they went to the 3 there was a few major differences.  On the 4 it seems like a marketing grab to say it is "faster".  In all honesty, how many of us have actually outran the semi autos we have now?  Buds has them in stock and what I don't understand is that if it was an improvement over the 3 wouldn't they be more expensive?  You can get the 28" SX4 waterfowl edition for about $150 less than a SX3.  Just my opinion, maybe I am just partial to my old meat stick...
5-6 cases every year????? You are either a terrible shot or shoot a TON of ducks every year. That is 1250-1500 shells a year. How many birds do you kill on average a year?

wvmntnhick

Quote from: eorlando on January 10, 2017, 06:40:19 PM
5-6 cases every year????? You are either a terrible shot or shoot a TON of ducks every year. That is 1250-1500 shells a year. How many birds do you kill on average a year?
Apparently more than I'll see in my life.  :TooFunny:

Yoder409

Quote from: allaboutshooting on January 10, 2017, 06:02:10 PM
The changes appear to be very subtle although I've not yet handled one to really feel the differences.

Thanks,
Clark

Well, if ANYBODY'S gonna be our go-to for getting his hands on one and giving us a full, comprehensive report............. it's GOTTA be YOU, sir.   ;-)

PA elitist since 1979

allaboutshooting

Quote from: Yoder409 on January 10, 2017, 09:29:03 PM
Quote from: allaboutshooting on January 10, 2017, 06:02:10 PM

Thanks,
Clark

Well, if ANYBODY'S gonna be our go-to for getting his hands on one and giving us a full, comprehensive report............. it's GOTTA be YOU, sir.   ;-)

Thanks. As soon as I can get my hands on one, I'll do that.

Thanks again,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

SX3Mike

Quote from: eorlando on January 10, 2017, 06:40:19 PM

LOL.  We have a WMA blind in TN, pits in MO, and Arky, I goose hunt a couple times in KS and use to go to Saskatchewan.  5-6 cases is really not that much in the grand scheme.  Heck I shot 2 cases of dove loads last year.  But, I hunt TN, MS, and KY and spent two and half weeks straight chasing those little feather balls.