OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Stuckey Strikers Question

Started by 870BkWht, January 05, 2017, 10:41:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

870BkWht

To those of you who have used and like Obsession Custom Calls strikers (Derrick Stuckey), what woods have you had good luck with in the past?

I currently have 2 of his dymondwood and also a Maccassar Ebony.  I'm thinking of adding a Tulipwood and a Yellowheart, but was looking for suggestions for another 2 maybe.  I once had an African Blackwood and I didn't care for that wood as a striker.

I run ceramic, glass, crystal, aluminum, titanium, and slate pots.  I usually use the ceramic and crystal more than the rest. 

letinmfly

I like his Purpleheart, Tulipwood, Honduran Rosewood and Hickory strikers.  Run great on all surfaces and sound really good.
Captain of the former Gobble Kings

Double B

Followed by buzzards

JLH

His katalox is simply awesome on copper....and any other metals.

vt35mag

Tulipwood and Zebrawood are my Stuckey favorites.

Spitten and drummen

his purple heart and persimmon are the ones i use the most. i have more strikers than one person should ever own and those 2 stay in my vest.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

yelpaholic

chefrific

I have a tulipwood and a dymondwood of his.  The tulip wood is my favorite.  Great strikers.

Techn9cian02

Padauk and Macassar!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

doublespurs21

Ol Yelper

Well, that's ironic or I'm a dunce. Should have checked 870s post before I posted asking about Obsession calls. Just looked on ebay and none there though. Maybe he removed them for Nashville?

hookedspur

You have two good ones from him , I have his tulipwood and sneake wood as well and like
them both
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

greentag

black and white ebony,and grandilo are 2 good ones,i have alot of his

Txag12

Quote from: Ol Yelper on February 13, 2017, 08:36:23 PM
Well, that's ironic or I'm a dunce. Should have checked 870s post before I posted asking about Obsession calls. Just looked on ebay and none there though. Maybe he removed them for Nashville?

If you're asking if he currently has them on eBay he does I just bought one yesterday

greentag

he usually removes them right before nashville convention and then when he gets back they are back up on ebay,or thats the way it seamed last year