OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

choke for fed HW 7's 870 youth

Started by Full strut, January 01, 2017, 04:57:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Full strut

currently looking at building an 870 youth with a Jebs or a Sumtoy choke using Fed HW 7's and potentially TSS down the road. what would yall recommend?

wvnut3

I am a big fan of sumtoy , that being said you also cant go wrong with a trulock made for the fed heavyweight 7 . I think the trulock gives the best hunting pattern. The sumtoy will give you a few more hits on paper for the number hunters. Also if you want to save a few dollars the carlson .575 extended does fairly well with the fed.Lee

Ol Yelper

I have a trulock in my 870 20 ga. Its a good one!!

boatpaddle

Recognize
Adapt
Overcome

Full strut

i bought a trulock .575 for a bargain ($10). currently in the process of getting my 870 so i have no idea how it will pattern, but figured it couldn't hurt to try for a ten dollar bill

Swampchickin234

Carlsons .575 is smokin for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Full strut

good deal! i won a new full synthetic 870 youth 20 today for $200 so i'm well on my way to putting it on a patterning board

Britton40

Full strut

i keep hearing sumtoy thrown around for this combo. might have to pony up some cash and try one out! that and jebs.

wvnut3

Quote from: Full strut on January 02, 2017, 03:27:03 PM
i keep hearing sumtoy thrown around for this combo. might have to pony up some cash and try one out! that and jebs.
Just spend the dollars on the sumtoy, you wont need to try any other chokes.Lee

Spring Fever

Quote from: wvnut3 on January 02, 2017, 06:12:27 PM
Quote from: Full strut on January 02, 2017, 03:27:03 PM
Just spend the dollars on the sumtoy, you wont need to try any other chokes.Lee

X2

SKFOOTER

Greg Massey

I have the Trulock 565 in my 20 ga..and it shoots great....with federal HW 7...If you don't like the Trulock within so many days you can return it for another one, they will work we you on your needs for a choke...

Full strut

how much does a sumtoy cost? having trouble tacking down pricing. also what constrictions would y'all recommend?

wvnut3

Sumtoy cost $70.00 and i think its .562 for 20 ga.Lee