OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

What's you're favorite pot call?

Started by Techn9cian02, December 31, 2016, 11:15:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Techn9cian02

Wanted to see what you guys like. Need ideas for another call to add to my vest!

MK M GOBL

I have a CODY World Class Slate call I have been running for over 20 years and it has ended more gobblers than anything else I have used!!

MK M GOBL

buzzardroost

John Sinclair Copper Bocote. David Halloran Walnut Wenge Slate is awful nice as well. I love to play pot calls but hardly ever hunt them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

870BkWht

Daybreak Paduak Ceramic, Sinclair Ebony Titanium, Halloran Crystal Mistress

MikeStaten

Lonzo anodized aluminum over aluminum in acrylic pot or Schaffer mad hen 1 are two top favorites.

Bowhuntr73

paboxcall

"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

dejake

Bowguy

I'm gonna go a couple calls that are already mentioned, Schafers Atomic 13 is brutal n it's def a meat call. Same for his Sapele aluminum. Hallorans crystal mistress is hard to beat too. Lonzo's calls are great, MAC's, Dawkins stoned aluminum is fantastic, just ordered a stoned aluminum from Lonzo, Platz calls, God too many to mention. Whatever the birds favorites are is my favorite but the first couple calls are normally w me n served me well. If you don't have a surface, such as aluminum get that. Don't get the same type call you have if you don't have a lot. . Yet

West Augusta

Glen Marrer glass over glass,  my Titanium,  my ceramic  in that order.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

Browning87

Man too many to list for a favorite. If you're looking to put one in the vest for this year I wouldn't look past a daybreak aluminum. They can be a little tricky to run but man is it worth

3bailey3

I have just got a Hank's glass,two Lonzo's aluminum and crystal and the crystal mistress, I have not hunted them yet but they all sound great. My favorite that I have hunted is a Tony Reynolds Carolina assassin that he built for me in 2000, under the glass it says the first assassin of the century, if I had notched it for every bird I had killed with it, it would be saw dust by now!

Kwgoke

Schaffer Blue Mahoe Crystal and Atomic 13 are my top two. Brad Roberts zebrawood bronzed glass over aluminum and a Halloran Metal Mouth are close behind for me though.

Browning87

Quote from: MDTOM84 on December 31, 2016, 07:08:57 PM
Quote from: Browning87 on December 31, 2016, 06:27:30 PM
Man too many to list for a favorite. If you're looking to put one in the vest for this year I wouldn't look past a daybreak aluminum. They can be a little tricky to run but man is it worth
try putting pool cue chalk on your striker
I've been using rain chalk. Works really well

Jbird22

I can't tell you one favorite but I can tell you a few that I plan on having in my vest on opening day.
Doug Morgan Yellowheart Slate over Glass
Doug Morgan Padauk Glass over Glass
Andy Kaiser Redheart Bronze Glass over Glass
Andy Kaiser Curly Maple Ceramic over Glass
Sadler McGraw Cluck/Purr pot