OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Wishing away time

Started by Rick Howard, December 26, 2016, 07:11:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Howard

I don't like to do it.  BUT, I'm ready for spring. 

mgm1955

Tail Feathers

Don't rush.  We've only had about three frosts this year and I don't want to miss the other three days of winter here in E. TX. :TooFunny:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Chordeiles

mwr

Let the weather kill a few more ticks!! :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

captpete

I'm not really ready for spring quite yet, but we don't need anymore snow. When it snows I have to work overtime. It has snowed every weekend this December.

Rick Howard

the snow is pretty.  Pretty annoying too.  My old man likes to call me, from Florida, every week for weather updates.  That jerk has it made.  Comes and lives with me May-September for turkey hunting and fishing.  Then moves to hunting camp October-November for deer season.  Then off to Florida December-April for some R and R. 

Bowguy

Quote from: Rick Howard on December 28, 2016, 08:05:18 AM
the snow is pretty.  Pretty annoying too.  My old man likes to call me, from Florida, every week for weather updates.  That jerk has it made.  Comes and lives with me May-September for turkey hunting and fishing.  Then moves to hunting camp October-November for deer season.  Then off to Florida December-April for some R and R.
Rnr n March/April in Fla? Smokes bonefish are starting to fire up than n turkey seasons are open there too

Rick Howard

Ol guy isn't much into turkey hunting.  He likes turkey hunting but he doesn't live for it.  Spends his Fl time chasing non-feathered hens.  he likes to hunt birds with me for a few weeks but then he wants to bass fish. We spend a lot of time bass fishing once theory seasn is over or if we've filled some tags. 

quavers59

This time of year- I like to get out and hike 1 day on the weekends after working heavy in a warehouse. Of course- I only hike areas that I can turkey hunt as well. Good way -- to wish away time while keeping in shape for public land turkey hunts.

kasjb

Gooserbat

I don't get in a hurry like I used to.  To many calls to build.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Yoder409

Quote from: Chordeiles on December 27, 2016, 01:42:32 AM
Quote from: Rick Howard on December 26, 2016, 07:11:45 PM
I don't like to do it.  BUT, I'm ready for spring.
X2!

X3

If I could figure out how a chipmunk and a groundhog and a bear go to sleep at Thanksgiving and wake up at Easter............. I'd do it too !!!!
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.