turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Ready to roll!

Started by doublegobble, April 06, 2011, 08:20:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

doublegobble

Went out to check an area for my son's youth hunt this weekend. The birds were on fire! Had at least 5 hammering away this morning. Looks like we should have a decent weekend as long as the weather holds out!  :icon_thumright:
Red meat isn't bad for you, fuzzy green meat is bad for you.

Muskie03

Good luck doublegobble. Looks like the weather is gonna be real nice this weekend for MN hope you get the same. Kill a goodun'.

I was out this morning to. Had 6 toms, 4 jakes and a mess of hens. There was PLENTY of fighting going on this morning. Watched for about an hour and a half, wanted to take some pics but next thing i knew they were about 30 feet from me and i still had the binocs in my hands. If i had just gotten outta there about 5 minuets earlier I wouldn't have wasted 10 minuets in a binocular to turkey eye stare down with three jakes at about 20 feet. They were truly puzzled at whet the heck I was. If the rest of the birds weren't also within about 30yds I would have turned those jakes inside out by standing up. Oh well.
Muskie03 Taught Me A Lesson In 2011

If it eats I can catch it, if it bleeds I can kill it.

ghillie

Hope the weather cooperates for you all!!  Hope he puts the hammer on one!!   :icon_thumright: