OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

New call idea

Started by Bowguy, November 26, 2016, 07:06:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bowguy

Saw taikwalks post n thought of something. No one has made a call that sounds like turkeys scratching yet to my knowledge. Maybe something in a bag almost like the horn rattling thing? Or something in a tube you shake like a waterfowl feed chuckle thing? Or maybe like the acorn crunch deer thing?  Idk it seems like a missing call. I guarantee it'll sell. Prob even become a craze for a bit. Who wants to go partners?

guesswho

I've used a plastic grocery bag for years, and even the wrap that snack crackers come in.  I think Preston Pittman had something similar at one time. 
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

M Sharpe

There is generally leaves around all my set ups, so don't really see the need to clutter the vest with anything else.
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

Bowguy

Was a joke Mark. Of course none of the guys here would buy them but the primos crowd

VA_Birdhunter

Quote from: Bowguy on November 26, 2016, 07:55:18 AM
Was a joke Mark. Of course none of the guys here would buy them but the primos crowd

Haha!  Can't leave out HS Strut (with the world changing screaming hen!! 8) )
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens

silvestris

Someone has a patent on a scratching "caller".  I didn't check the patent date, but it appears that so far the inventor hasn't been successful in marketing the contraption.  No wonder considering all the natural leaves one finds when hunting.
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

SteelerFan

I've got it! - what we need is not the call, but the sound MAKER. What sounds like a turkey scratching??? Turkey feet raking leaves, of course! Manufacture an over-sized (magnum) turkey leg / foot that the hunter will use to scratch the leaves that are already there! Brilliant!! Every real turkey hunter just knows that old gobbler knows the difference between a hunter's gloved hand and turkey foot scratching leaves...right?
:TooFunny:

Bowguy

Quote from: SteelerFan on November 26, 2016, 08:04:27 PM
I've got it! - what we need is not the call, but the sound MAKER. What sounds like a turkey scratching??? Turkey feet raking leaves, of course! Manufacture an over-sized (magnum) turkey leg / foot that the hunter will use to scratch the leaves that are already there! Brilliant!! Every real turkey hunter just knows that old gobbler knows the difference between a hunter's gloved hand and turkey foot scratching leaves...right?
:TooFunny:
Love the magnum idea. It should be so big turkeys next town over can hear ya. Brilliant!!!!!!

dejake

Laugh all you want.  I've seen enough ridiculous products to know that, with proper marketing, you could get people to buy a bag of poop.

2eagles

Quote from: dejake on November 27, 2016, 07:37:03 AM
Laugh all you want.  I've seen enough ridiculous products to know that, with proper marketing, you could get people to buy a bag of poop.

I'd be a rich man. My two Labradors are a poop factory.

Happy

Try a great Dane and a rottweiler.

Sent from my SM-G800R4 using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

quavers59

Good idea Bowguy-- but I too scratch around my set-up. Now in a warehouse that I used to work at--the owners son got my attention pronto when he shook around a 2 and a half foot long sheet of ALUNIMUM. It sounded just like thunder to me. Now maybe something like that could be marketed if it was small enough. I am sure someone else heard a alunimum sheet shake 50+ years ago and thought--THUNDER as I did.   

quavers59

Anybody else here--hear a alunimum sheet shake as I wrote about??  At the time- I too thought-- now that is a great idea for a new shock gobble call that will make ALL the toms gobble and not just a few!!  Who would market something like that though??  So- I forgot all about it untill reading this topic. Perhaps a Call Company will now market a device like that that sounds like THUNDER. Send some money my way-LOL.

TalksToTurkeys

Quote from: M Sharpe on November 26, 2016, 07:42:44 AM
There is generally leaves around all my set ups, so don't really see the need to clutter the vest with anything else.
Using natural leaves is ok, but it rains a lot in the spring. I've found scratching in wet leaves to be ineffective. What we need is an artificial, waterproof, always crunchy leaf. You could carry a sack full out to your spot and spread them around. You would have dry crunchy leaves at your fingertips, even in a downpour. And as an added bonus you would always have a dry place to sit.

renegade19

How about a back scratcher looking thing that's shaped like a turkey foot?  Beats the stick I usually pick up in the woods.  It'd sell.  I'll just wait for you to mail me royalty checks boys.