turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Turkey season vs. Deer season

Started by AC HAMMER, November 16, 2016, 07:53:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jblackburn

If I didn't like eating deer so much, I wouldn't hunt them. Longbeards hammering on a limb at daybreak is where it's at!
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

wvlimbhanger

While I do enjoy a peaceful sit in the blind or treestand bowhunting, it pales in comparison to my joy of spring turkey hunting.  After about 3 days in a row of an alarm going off at 5 am in deer season I start to hit the snooze a few times and maybe even miss a morning.  I am just as excited to get out of bed the first time the alarm sounds on the last day of turkey season as I am the first day of season. 

owlhoot

Gotta say turkey . The spring woods has been a great time to to relax and enjoy those gobblers hammer away.
You know they are there but the anticipation of what may happen next is second to none.

WNCTracker

No doubt it's turkey.  I spend a lot of time thinking about turkeys while hunting for deer, and it's never the other way around.  Also, I never even think to check in on deer forums, but here I am in deer season posting on OG...

Marc

Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

daddyduke

Turkey for me. When I'm deer hunting I can watch them come and go without any regrets but when a bird comes in hot and gobbling I've got to lay the hammer down.
Colossians 3:12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.

beakbuster10

Turkeys and green heads over deer, with turkeys being first. Don't get me wrong, I love deer hunting too. But never once during spring gobbler season do I find myself saying, "sure wish deer season would get here."  I long for the spring every time I even think about hunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gobspur

hs strut

not a single doubt in my mind. turkey hunting all the way
may god bless the ethical and responsible hunters and to everybody kill a big one.  jerry

Spitten and drummen

turkey hunting is my passion , but i will say bowhunting deer is a close second. i quit rifle hunting about 6 years ago and hunt the whole season with a bow. if i had too choose , turkeys get the nod.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

VaTuRkStOmPeR

A big deer is much harder to come by than a big gobbler.

I consider myself a turkey hunter but have been saving my entire young adult life to purchase 200-250 acres in southern Iowa to deer hunt. Successfully hunting mature deer and turkeys requires very different skill sets, both of which I enjoy significantly.  I'd certainly give up deer hunting before I ever surrendered by ability to turkey hunt but I enjoy both pursuits.

VA_Birdhunter

The love and passion I have for turkey hunting is unmeasurable over deer hunting!   I just love everything about it and have from day one on my first spring gobbler hunt with my dad at 8 yrs old!  God bless
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens

turkaholic

Love them both, BUT turkeys are at the very top of everything! Deer don't keep me awake all night waiting for time to get up.
live to hunt hunt to live

Swampchickin234

#1.  Mallards and Long beards are tied.  I thank the Good Lord that the seasons do not overlap. 
I love them equally, and could not put one before the other. 

#2.  Deer excite me.  I'm all about the early bow season, love the rut in early November, but as duck season opens, deer come to a halt. 

I guess that's why we have seasons at different times. 

Nah, I just love it all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hooks' n' Beards'

I would give up duck,grouse,rabbit,deer,bear and moose hunting if i only had one animal to hunt,it would be wild turkeys no doubt.I live to hunt wild turkeys.