OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Examining Pics of Patterns

Started by BigPeck215, April 05, 2011, 09:46:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigPeck215

When your getting less than stellar patterns its important to take a look at the patterns in order to determine your next plan of action.

for example- if there are a lot of clumps and holes in your pattern this may be caused by over choking and you may need open up the choke

or- if your patterns are very even and large with no defined center than you might want to use a tighter choke in order to get a well defined center of the pattern

taking a close look at your patterns can give you a lot of info and save you a lot of money when it comes to buying new chokes to try out,  its hard to suggest a proper new choke for someone when all they say is "my patterns sucked" but if you can provide information on why they sucked it can be a lot more helpful

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: BigPeck215 on April 05, 2011, 09:46:32 PM
When your getting less than stellar patterns its important to take a look at the patterns in order to determine your next plan of action.

for example- if there are a lot of clumps and holes in your pattern this may be caused by over choking and you may need open up the choke

or- if your patterns are very even and large with no defined center than you might want to use a tighter choke in order to get a well defined center of the pattern

taking a close look at your patterns can give you a lot of info and save you a lot of money when it comes to buying new chokes to try out,  its hard to suggest a proper new choke for someone when all they say is "my patterns sucked" but if you can provide information on why they sucked it can be a lot more helpful

Well said.  

And when someone is kind enough to help you out and you say you want help, and they offer you some advice, take it in and at least try to take the help that they are giving you instead of just asking for more help in another thread with something that was the complete opposite of what they were trying to tell you in your original thread.  That's providing of course if it was good advice.  But you got to take the advice if you truly want help.  That's my advice.   :z-guntootsmiley:

mightyjoeyoung

Quote from: ILIKEHEVI-13 on April 05, 2011, 10:12:22 PM

Well said.  

And when someone is kind enough to help you out and you say you want help, and they offer you some advice, take it in and at least try to take the help that they are giving you instead of just asking for more help in another thread with something that was the complete opposite of what they were trying to tell you in your original thread.  That's providing of course if it was good advice.  But you got to take the advice if you truly want help.  That's my advice.   :z-guntootsmiley:

What they said! :icon_thumright:
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

trkehunr93

Quote from: mightyjoeyoung on April 05, 2011, 11:24:43 PM
Quote from: ILIKEHEVI-13 on April 05, 2011, 10:12:22 PM

Well said.  

What they said! :icon_thumright:

:agreed: