News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

no ivory calls at the conventition.....

Started by doublespurs21, October 16, 2016, 01:48:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doublespurs21

I reveived this from the nwtf, updates,,,,,,,,,
  in order to protect call makers that participate in our contest and to protect our convention from disruption, we have made the decision to NOT ALLOW any calls with ivory to be submitted for our competions, whether for sale or only competition and display,,

pappy

THANK YOU OBAMA..............................
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

Tail Feathers

Quote from: pappy on October 16, 2016, 01:57:13 PM
THANK YOU OBAMA..............................
He was just looking out for his hometown folk.  Can't have 'em lose hunting opportunities over there.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

nsselle

GSLAM95

What a BS decision as there are other types of legal Ivory that could still be used besides the traditional elephant ivory. 

Apologizing:  does not always mean you are wrong and the other person is right. 
It just means that you value your relationship more than your ego.

sixbird

On a positive note, I saw there was a company making artificial ivory that was identical to natural ivory. Supposedly there's no way to tell the difference (not sure how that works). That would be the death knell for poached ivory. They proposed to flood the market with the artificial stuff and suppress the price via oversupply...Great idea!

Old Gobbler

You can thank the Chinese black market for this ... They are the folks buying up all the elephant ivory , rhino horns shooting gorillas , bear livers whatever .... Money talks as they say and those Africans are dirt poor just like farmers in Columbia and Mexico growing cocaine and heroine --

Years and years of out of control poaching and smuggling has got it to this situation , they simply tipped the apple cart , the end result is legislation you see here , but I will tell you it will have little impact on poaching because regardless of what they say the CHINESE are the ones buying up all this stuff up

The musical instrument industry , pool cues etc.... Will suffer, I'm sure the federation doesn't need some crazy fed raid on the convention similar to what happened to Gibson guitar a few years ago , so we got the situation we have here

I'll predict the ivory calls out there , and the callmakers sitting on some pre ban ivory will see a increase in demand as people snap up the remaining inventory before its long gone Forever - the exact opposite will happen the ivory will become worth even more
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

silvestris

Those little Chinese have got to have a way to sexually perform.
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

mgm1955

Quote from: Old Gobbler on October 18, 2016, 08:28:40 PM
You can thank the Chinese black market for this ... They are the folks buying up all the elephant ivory , rhino horns shooting gorillas , bear livers whatever .... Money talks as they say and those Africans are dirt poor just like farmers in Columbia and Mexico growing cocaine and heroine --

Years and years of out of control poaching and smuggling has got it to this situation , they simply tipped the apple cart , the end result is legislation you see here , but I will tell you it will have little impact on poaching because regardless of what they say the CHINESE are the ones buying up all this stuff up

The musical instrument industry , pool cues etc.... Will suffer, I'm sure the federation doesn't need some crazy fed raid on the convention similar to what happened to Gibson guitar a few years ago , so we got the situation we have here

I'll predict the ivory calls out there , and the callmakers sitting on some pre ban ivory will see a increase in demand as people snap up the remaining inventory before its long gone Forever - the exact opposite will happen the ivory will become worth even more
I think you're right on Shannon.