OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

What music do you listen to before hunting turkeys?

Started by pittboss, April 05, 2011, 08:45:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pittboss

Just curious as to what music you listen to to get you pumped before you go turkey hunting?

pittboss
Gobble Gobble Boom !!!!!

gatrapper

Rap.  When the truck cranks up, the iPod turns on and the music gets to booming. 
"Champions don't make excuses, they make plays." - Richard Seymour.

njdevilsb

There's a band that wasn't very well known called Phoenix Mourning.  They have since broken up, but a few years ago when I couldn't sleep the night before opening day, I listened to their CD.  It's some pretty heavy metal, but I like that type of music and the lyrics in some of the songs are great.  It's become a tradition of mine to listen to that CD every year when turkey season rolls around.  Nothing hunting related about the songs.

A few of the typical songs such as Fred Bear, Hung Up, Spirit of the Wild, and Seminole Wind will also be played quite frequently as the season rolls around.

mnturkey

Whatever station I can get on radio.  where I hunt there is not much of a selection that comes through, as long as it isn't country
SEMPER FI

TrackeySauresRex

"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

pittboss

Gobble Gobble Boom !!!!!

bowhunter84

whatever is on the radio in my truck. it's on a country station i do know that much just not sure which one

dawgfrombama

the last time I went I was listening to the greates band in the world................U2.

mossybird

doepee

I actually don't like listening to the radio at all before I go huntin. Just like thinkin about strategy and what I am gonna do. Then when I drive down the lane I roll my window down and just listen to the night :icon_thumright:

StruttinGobbler3

Generally listening to some older country or southern rock. This new candy @ss pop country they play nowadays makes me sick....gotta crank up some willie, waylon, kristofferson, vern, cash, paycheck, lynyrd skynyrd, the list goes on and on. I could do this all day.
John 3:16

"Fall hunting is maneuvers. Spring hunting is war"
Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion