turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Trying to keep off the rust

Started by davisd9, September 28, 2016, 08:02:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davisd9

Decided to play a little today to try and keep the rust off. Just something special about a trumpet! About 5.5 months to go!

https://youtu.be/3uxTGbu7wuQ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

guesswho

Nice.  They're addictive for sure.   
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

davisd9

Quote from: guesswho on September 28, 2016, 09:00:27 PM
Nice.  They're addictive for sure.

Yes sir they are!

"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

crow

nice looking trumpet,

man, I would put a lanyard on that and play it one-handed everyday when your driving around

davisd9

Quote from: crow on September 28, 2016, 10:37:16 PM
nice looking trumpet,

man, I would put a lanyard on that and play it one-handed everyday when your driving around

Made a good lanyard out of black paracord. She started earning her keep last season!

gergg

Quote from: davisd9 on September 28, 2016, 08:02:52 PM
Decided to play a little today to try and keep the rust off. Just something special about a trumpet! About 5.5 months to go!

I just never seem to be moved by most trumpet sound files, but I think your "rust remover" sample here sounds great.
https://www.gwaltneygamecalls.com/

Greg Gwaltney Game Calls
2022 NWTF Grand Nationals - 5th Place Air Operated Call (Trumpet)
2021 NWTF Grand Nationals - 2nd Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet)
2021 NWTF Grand Nationals - 5th Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet Call)
2019 NWTF Grand Nationals - 3rd Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet Call)
2019 NWTF S.E. Call Makers Contest - 4th Place Trumpet Calls

davisd9

Quote from: gergg on September 29, 2016, 07:20:27 PM
Quote from: davisd9 on September 28, 2016, 08:02:52 PM

I just never seem to be moved by most trumpet sound files, but I think your "rust remover" sample here sounds great.

Appreciate your kind words, but a good call helps the playing curve greatly.

davisd9

slicksbeagles1

Del's a good teacher! sounds great I hope I sound that good

Keith

davisd9

Quote from: slicksbeagles1 on January 26, 2017, 09:17:16 AM
Del's a good teacher! sounds great I hope I sound that good

Keith

Thanks buddy!  I was a group project to get me started, haha.  THattaway got me sounding like a turkey, Del showed me some tips to fine tune, and KPcalls got me one handed calling. 

Now if I can only get to kee keeing with some consistency.  One minute I am kee keeing up a storm and next minute I sound like a blade of grass in the wind.  After hearing and talking with John Dangerfield in Unicoi I have just given up on purring!  That man is a killer on the call, and not just purring.

I know you will do just fine with a yelper!

EZ

davisd9

hunter22

KPcalls

jlhigh023

Very nice

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk