turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Goulds Outfitters

Started by goblr77, September 22, 2016, 03:32:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fountain2

Kool, thanks for all the info.  We're sure looking forward to it, but with the bad media of Mexico the fear is in the back of our minds.  I trust what I'm told through. 

Yoder409

I flew Continental from Pittsburgh to Houston to Chihuahua City.  Was picked up in the terminal by Hugo and driven to the lodge.  On the return trip Hugo drove me and two fellows leaving earlier than me to the airport.  We dropped those guys off then went to Hugo's house for coffee.  Then we went and walked around downtown Chihuahua City til it was time for my flight.

As far as clothes.........pack to layer.  It can be 35-40 degrees at 7000-8000 feet in early May.  It will most likely be close 90 degrees by siesta.  If you can and want to walk at El Halcon, you will walk..........miles.   That's what I wanted and that's what I got.   I hunted some of the most remote terrain you will ever see in your life.  Also elevations up close to 9000 feet.  Another fellow had more limited mobility capabilities.  He needed help getting where the birds were and he got just that.  He  killed two toms in the first two days.

I killed two gorgeous Gould's  in the first two days of a three day hunt.  Accommodations are FIRST RATE. 

Manuel runs a SUPER operation.  You will NOT regret booking with him.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.