OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Mississippi bird #2 down

Started by longbeards21, April 05, 2011, 06:22:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longbeards21

Well I went this morning and heard no gobbles but had a longbeard hang up on me and left the area. Today is my wifes birthday and I had to come out and get some last minute "brownie points" finished up. Well at about 11:00am, I was through and sitting at the house pondering and decided since it stormed all day yesterday, I figured they would be hitting the fields today to showout for awhile.

Got to a spot that has produced for me in the past and set up jake and lulu and picked me out a good, comfortable, tree with plenty of cover. Well an hour and 15 minutes went by of sparingly calling with my brown tie slate call until finally a hen come up and looked at me dekes and kept going. About 20 minutes later, I could see a tail fan through the hardwoods easing my way. Once I looked through the binoculars, I knew it was about to be on because there was a hen about 40 yards ahead of hen coming my way quick. I put everything up and got sunk in on my NWTF Browning BPS. Once he got to about 50 yards, the hen was 10 yards from me and had gotten suspicious. It got intense real quick, he was at 50 yards and then hen was putting, I was squeezing the trigger when he started walking quickly towards the hen. Finally, at 33 steps and half strut, I unleashed the winchester xtended range 2oz #6's and did the backwards flop and it was over. I just sat there for a few and took it all in and thanked the man up above for giving me this opportunity. Thats #2 this year for me. Springtime Assassins are moving on up.
STATS:
Beard= 11 1/4"
Spur= 1"
Spur= 1 1/8"
Weight= 20lbs

sugarray

:z-guntootsmiley: :z-guntootsmiley:

Congrats on a great hunt and an even better bird!!

bowhunter84

BigHooks

JVA54

turkey slayer

Wrangler95

Give Thanks Unto The Lord,For He Is Good,His Love Endures Forever!

M,Yingling

Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

LilFridWV

timbrhuntr

Hognutz

Congrats. He is a big ol' boy.. :you_rock:
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

RutnNStrutn

Sounds like you had an exciting hunt!! Congrats!!!

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

harvester