turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Your best gobble

Started by supremepredator, August 30, 2016, 07:16:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

supremepredator

Here's mine on a flextone thunder gobble.
"Save the habitat,save the hunt"

wvmntnhick

I can't get it to do anything at all. Having said that, I can't get my haint gobble tube to do anything at all either.

Marc

I cannot get the audio to work...  Never have been able to download my own either.

I use some old predator call with just the right pitch that works very similar to the Haint and others like it...

They are a lot easier for a duck hunter to use, because basically you make a feeding chuckle with back-pressure...
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

supremepredator

From what ive read the haint takes less air pressure to blow than the thunder gobble. It took me weeks of practice to get the gobbles you hear on that sound file. You could always download a wild turkey gobble sound file off the web to your smart phone. But electronic calls are illegal for turkeys in most states. Not sure if a phone counts as a e caller or if a game warden would really give a toot.

SteelerFan

I used to tote a Red Wolfe gobbler tube, and then a Primos tube. Both sounded great.

Recently, I've been messing with my McClain tube call - and once I master it, I believe it's all I'll need for a gobble.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsOX1PsWdnI

supremepredator

Quote from: SteelerFan on August 31, 2016, 03:37:10 PM
I used to tote a Red Wolfe gobbler tube, and then a Primos tube. Both sounded great.

Recently, I've been messing with my McClain tube call - and once I master it, I believe it's all I'll need for a gobble.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsOX1PsWdnI
that sounds decent man, keep practicing. I reckon im going to buy a haint and get plenty of practice in before season. The more i watch the youtube vids, the more i want one.

KentuckyHeadhunter

The McClain sounds far better than the flextone in my opinion.  I get the best gobbles from a short or long box.  I don't ever use a gobble call in the spring so it doesn't matter to me.  In GA you'll get shot by a newbie who moved here last week and decided to take up hunting with his wife and her pink gun.  Probably be wearing orange vests too.  Just to be safe.  But that's mostly WMA stuff.   :whip2:
Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion