OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Maple & snakewood Turpin

Started by callmakerman, August 26, 2016, 03:31:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

callmakerman

Here's one I just finished tuning today I think. This call has been sitting for a year and a half waiting first for me to do a snakewood lid and then have the nerve to start tuning it. I loved the look of this ambrosia maple and knew I wanted it to be a Turpin. It's been a slow process as I started tuning this a little at a time last fall. I thought I was close last week only to realize it was breaking my you no what's so I had to walk away.  Well today I picked it up again because I was killing time till I have to walk my youngest daughter down the isle and it came together. Nice mature hen and gobbler yelps from this one. Just need to do the chalk box. I finish the other later tonight. It's going to be a good day.

Will

Awesome looking call. Would love to hear how she sounds!

Happy

Great looking call. I think you should keep it to commemorate the day.  I hope today is a wonderful day for you and your family at the wedding.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

hunter22

First of all congrats on gaining a son-in-law. They are not too bad after a while. Secondly congrats on the killer looking Turpin. Coming from you I know she has a killer sound also.

eorlando

Wow bill that is outstanding. You know I am a sicker for snakewood. If this one is available let me know. Congrats on the wedding as well.

mgm1955

Jbird22

Beautiful call! Gotta love a Turpin!

Bennett

Beautiful call and congratulations on the wedding!

KentuckyHeadhunter

Bill that's gorgeous!!!  Hope the wedding goes perfectly.  Congrats my friend.
Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion

M Sharpe

Mighty fine looking call Bill!!
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

1iagobblergetter

Amazingly talented Bill . Good luck at the wedding. Sounds like your gaining a great son-in-law as he is a great father-in-law...

Matt k

letinmfly

Great looking call Bill!!  Congrats on the wedding!!
Captain of the former Gobble Kings

doublespurs21

very nice, I like that one,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Brantleyville

Congrats Bill! And the Turpin box is a beauty.