turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

SS Calls

Started by hunter22, August 26, 2016, 10:02:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hunter22

I just got this Bloodwood over Walnut longbox from Al and Josh. Most of you know how hard it is to tune a Walnut box call. But when it is done right it makes one fine sounding call. This one is done right. Thanks again Al. I am also posting my other calls I have gotten from these two rednecks. They make some fine looking and sounding calls.

SteelerFan

jed clampett

A very fine bunch of boxes Rickey!!!!!

Yoder409

That stack could keep me entertained for the better part of the day.   Yep.

Nice stuff !!!
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

davisd9

What about the longbox by SS you got from Mr. Curtis?  It was black walnut and something I believe.  Great calls from some great guys!
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

hunter22

Quote from: davisd9 on August 26, 2016, 11:40:30 AM
What about the longbox by SS you got from Mr. Curtis?  It was black walnut and something I believe.  Great calls from some great guys!

Donald---It is Kwila over Black Walnut. It is a fine sounding call. It and the Bloodwood are very similar in sound.

davisd9

Quote from: hunter22 on August 26, 2016, 12:08:53 PM
Quote from: davisd9 on August 26, 2016, 11:40:30 AM

Donald---It is Kwila over Black Walnut. It is a fine sounding call. It and the Bloodwood are very similar in sound.

I remember drooling over it from Mr. Curtis' and your sound files! She is a killer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

hunter22

Donald---The Bloodwood over Walnut is every bit as good. I am sure Al can fix you up.

mgm1955

Nice bunch of calls!

sbbow

Rickey you never seem to amaze me. Those are some sharp looking calls!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

REBELYELL

Another winner from Al. Great looking group of calls. Yes, them rednecks can build a good one.

Bowhuntr73

Fieldturkey

What username do they go by on here? I need to get in contact with them. Thanks

hunter22

They go by SS Calls.

Al & Josh Shoemaker

SS Calls

Glad you like the call Rickey! Man, you got some of our older one's there! Even one of the shrill shorty models. LOL