turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

47th state kill.

Started by gobbler74, April 05, 2011, 03:11:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gobbler74

Congratulations to staff member jimmy wilhelm of va on his 47th state kill this morning in California. Utah next then Arizona... good luck! I will keep Yall posted and get some pics up when he gets back.
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

Basser69

Congrats! that is something :icon_thumright:

WyoHunter

If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

Hognutz

Yowsa!! That's getting 'er done..Way to go..Mike :you_rock:
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

bowhunter84

savduck

Georgia Boy

cannonball

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Old Gobbler

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

archery1

HE MUST HAVE ALOT  OF FREE TIME
WAY TO GO!!!!!
Take a kid hunting

busta biggun

Wow, I am working on 6 and I thought that was pretty good! 47!!??? Man!!

gobbler74

Hey fellas just so Yall can see an average old fella can make his dream come true ..jimmy is a workin man like most of us spends half his day with a hammer in his hand or power tool ..he lives simple, is not rich..90% of his kills come from public lands where permitted...and he travels simple..driving to all but a couple states on his journey through this over the years..has slept in the back of his vehicles a lot and traveled to some states more than a couple times to get his bird...this was his third trip to California. I can't get over his positive attitude and determination after goose egging..several times thousands of miles away from home. This goal mentioned is just turkeys. He's bagged elk, mule deer, waterfowl and pretty much anything else.that can be hunted..In short he's devoted his life to hunting, raising his garden and work. He doesn't brag on his accomplishments they speak for himself. the next book somebody writes on turkey huntin might be a chapter compared to this man's knowledge..if Yall ever get a chance to meet him go ahead and ask him if he likes to hunt...but you better be prepared to sit a spell. I use him for a measuring stick when I've had a rough season or came home empty handed..it always pans out to what am I griping about...that's huntin'  so think about it next time you miss a bird 30 minutes from the house or the thought of that two hour trek out of some hunting grounds empty handed..kinda makes it more tolerable.
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

kj

RutnNStrutn

That is AWESOME!!! I've set a goal of killing gobblers in all of the lower 48 states before I die. So far I've scored in Florida, S. Carolina, W. Virginia, Ohio, Michigan, Oklahoma & Nebraska. I gotta get busy.

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions