OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Two Fine Short Boxes

Started by hunter22, August 19, 2016, 09:15:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hunter22

I got these two short boxes this week from call makers that are not real well known yet. But after playing their calls I think that will change pretty quickly when hunters get exposed to their work. Both these guys make their calls the old fashion way. No CNCs or duplicating machines used here. The first call is a Snakewood over Holly from Jody Harrison, aka Preacherman. He is from North Carolina. The second call is a Cherry over Limba from Jackie Lea. He is from Arkadelphia, Arkansas. I do not believe either are members on here but can be reached on Facebook. Both fine gentleman as well as call makers. Both these calls will hunt.

worth612000

Those look great Rickey. Thanks for sharing.

Bowhuntr73

Yes thanks, they are very nice and its a good shout out to these callmakers!!

mgm1955

REBELYELL

doublespurs21

very nice boxes,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

MikeStaten

Glad to hear that you like the Jody Harrison call. A few other guys have mentioned him too.  Hes building me one now.  I was thinking of that snakewood/Holly combo but went with the Ebony over Holly.  Any chance you can post a sound file?

Thanks
Mike

SS Calls

Congrats Rickey. Some nice ones!

BABS9

Yoder409

Good lookin stuff right there !!!   Yep.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Roughneck

Jody an Jackie both are fine callmakers can't go wrong with a call from them.  I visit with Jackie ever couple months at his shop he's a very talented callmaker and good friend.  His wingbones and pot calls are awesome as well. Two nice calls there.

silverspur

Longbeards / Sharp Spurs

sbbow

Those are nice !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

letinmfly

Captain of the former Gobble Kings

jed clampett

Couple of good lookin boxes!