OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Favorite mouth call cut

Started by turkeykiller22, August 19, 2016, 04:02:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkeykiller22

Hey guys, I just wanted to take some time and see what your favorite mouth call cut is? Also, do you prefer a double or triple reed?

Thanks guys,
Drew
Grounded Brand - https://groundedbrand.com/

Jbird22

Three reed, two latex over one proph, modified ghost cut

wvmntnhick

I've loved the split v III for years but recently have fallen for saw tooth cut. Prefer 3 reeds.

Happy

I run a good many different cuts. Three or four reed preferably. V cut, batwing and right side modified cutter are my favorites. Ghost cut is probably next on line behind those.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Farmboy27

Simple 2 or 3 reed with a regular cutter cut. I like simple! 

Bowguy

For the most part I run 3 reed v cuts though I'm not opposed to batwing or combo type cuts. Kind of depends on call

Gooserbat

Three reed medium/light weight latex over proph with a ghost cut.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

bbcoach

Three reed split V is my first choice but a close second would be a ghost cut.

GobbleNut

Over the years, I mostly used a three-reed center V-cut.  More recently, I just start out with a two or three reed call and work with it through a series of reed cuts until I find the sound I am looking for.  Sometimes that sound comes from the V-cut, sometimes from a combo, or batwing, or some other off-the-wall design that I end up with when cutting the reeds. 

Nowadays, I would say the most consistent call that I get the best sounds out of is a two or three reed (mostly medium and thin/proph latex) with an off-set right side combo cut. 

dejake

Any cut that's offset to the right side.

Moore

three reed combo or three reed  batwing
[

Brian Fahs

Greg Massey

2 reed , i use very few mouth calls.. I like the old school Quaker Boy double...if i'm going to use one..

Marc

I prefer a 3-reed call...

Been using Gooserbat and Hook's calls the last couple seasons, and have favorites of each...  I honestly do not know if I will like a call, until I use it.
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

mtns2hunt

Batwing or any right sided call seems to work for me.
Everyone wants to be successful - some just need help.