turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Unemployment

Started by 2eagles, August 12, 2016, 08:29:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wvmntnhick

While fishing last year I ran into a young man that'd dropped out of school and gotten his GED. We talked a bit and he'd told me about working odds and ends to help support his pregnant girlfriend. He said he really liked landscaping and I almost offered to pay him to remove and replace a couple bushes at my house. I could have done it myself easily but figured if he needed the income, I'd help out. And then he ruined it. His buddy told him that Golden Corral was opening up and he could probably get a job there. He told him he'd not work there because it was a ridiculous job. As I left he asked when I'd like the bushes done. Told him I'd do it myself. No need for him to take on another ridiculous job.

Had a guy in my yard the other day ask me to give him a call when I needed a hand. Said he'd like to help out with my side business to earn some extra cash. Walked over and talked to him the other day. Offered him $20/hour cash with minimum of $100 to help me set up a pool. All he had to do was hold the side walls and maybe move a bit of sand. He makes $16/hour and that's before taxes and benefits. He told me he'd not do it for less than $30/hour. Told him I'd find a younger fella with more ambition.

I'm not saying I've got the most labor intensive job as I'm a full time teacher but I'm not a stranger to work. Been working since I was 11 and don't recall having off but one summer since and that was merely to spend some time with my wife and new born child. Shame how the youngsters fear work these days.

Greg Massey

What is happening is in the past 8 plus years the democratic party has told our young generation you don't have to work we will take care of you...These kids don't know how to work like us older generation and how gratefull we were to have a job..i remember making less than 3 dollars hour and was glad to get it..also remember picking cotton for 3 cents a pound, working 10 hour days and glad to get 3 cents pound..