turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Buck 110

Started by Greg Massey, August 07, 2016, 12:29:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

allaboutshooting

As I recall, I paid about $16.00 for a Buck Folding Hunter, Model 110 in 1964. It was a very unique knife at that time. The blade steel was very hard and sharpening it was no easy task, even for someone who did that on a pretty regular basis but it held an edge well once that was done. I owned that knife until sometime in the middle of 1969 when it fell out of my pocket on a long chase in the western part of Louisville, Kentucky. I was never able to find it and never replaced it. I have looked a few over the years but I have other knives that serve me well now.

I've not really looked at the construction of one in a while but my guess is they are made as well as they were way back then. A good sturdy knife that can be quite useful.

I appreciate your post. It brought back a lot of memories.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

Tail Feathers

I still have a KaBar that looks like the Buck 110.  I bought it in 1974 or 75.  It's gutted, or helped gut, every deer I've ever killed.  It still has the original leather sheath.
I let my brother borrow it one time about 10 years ago, and he lost it.  I went out to where he killed his deer and tracked him back out and found it in the ditch just outside the gate where he left the property.

He'll never get his hand on it again. ;D
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

sbbow

Me

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kylongspur88

My 110 was the last Christmas present I got from my brother. He was 27 and sick and didn't have much money but he knew I would like and use that knife. I swear that is one of my most cherished possessions. I cary with me on every hunting trip now and in the past few years have gutted deer and cleaned birds with it.

Greg Massey

Quote from: Kylongspur88 on August 23, 2016, 08:45:27 PM
My 110 was the last Christmas present I got from my brother. He was 27 and sick and didn't have much money but he knew I would like and use that knife. I swear that is one of my most cherished possessions. I cary with me on every hunting trip now and in the past few years have gutted deer and cleaned birds with it.
Agree, my brother has also past away. He gave me my first buck 110.. it's my best knife..

Swampchickin234

I've always preferred fixed blade. But when I go folding, it's a 110.  In all seriousness, old 110 my dad gave me will go down as one of my favorites. Skinned my first deer with that knife. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

troutfisher13111

Cooper and Clad knife shop sells a fixed blade version of the 110 made by Buck, but exclusive to their knife shop. Google it

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

troutfisher13111

Bowguy

turkeyfoot

Solid knife and for the price hard to beat I'll take one for skinning any day I like my Oldtimer for the pocket hough

Greg Massey

I have 6 of these knifes now , with different dates..and i still have the first one my brother , bought me as my first skinning knife as a youth...

wmn2

I don't have a buck 110, but I do have a case pocket knife that my uncle bought me when I was 13. I'm 29 now and will never give this knife up. My favorite hunting knife is a custom my dad had made for me with a 4" blade and walnut handle. Custom leather sheath with it too. I'll never get rid of or stop using that one either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tail Feathers

I have a KA Bar version of the 110.  I bought it in 1975.  Still use it for deer.  Even have the original leather belt case.  :icon_thumright:   
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

ilbucksndux

I was very young.....4-5 and my uncle carried a Buck 110 on his belt and I wanted one so bad. I would beg him to let me look at it. One day when I ask him if I could see it he said no,went to the bed room and handed me a brown paper bag and said but you can look at your own. I keep it in the gun safe .
Gary Bartlow

goblr77

My Dad's first cousin gave me a Buck 110 that was given to him as a retirement gift as Chief of Staff in the US Army. I've had it for 15+ years and have used it to skin many deer.