turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Box call idea your opinions???

Started by Happy hooker, August 03, 2016, 09:36:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Happy hooker

What do you guys think about this combo,,cool, too colorful,,what kind of sound???

I'm thinking of having SS build me this box
Classic 20 checker box
black macassar ebony paddle and bottom
Alaskan yellow cedar box
Ebony inlays on box
AYC inlays on paddle

And on the bottom of call I would nickname it the "bumble bee"
Too bizzzzzzzzzzxy or a nice combo???

vt35mag

I think it would be a nice combo!

I have on order with them a similar combo, just substitute yellow poplar for the cedar and no checkering.

KentuckyHeadhunter

Al can tune a box call.  So you know the sound will be there.  Here in GA I'd have to call it a carpenter bee!  I say go for it and let us see it and hear it when it's born.
Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion

BluMtnGobbler

That sounds like a great looking call. And I'm sure since it would be coming from Al & josh it will be full of turkey.
BRIAN

legend

sounds good to me if it sounds good which I know it will i'll have him make me one.

M Sharpe

I'd probably ask them what they thought about the combo. Some woods make better paddles than they do boxes. JMO
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

outdoors

YUP U SHOULD EMAIL HIM AND TALK TO HIM
HE WOOD KNOW ............
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

hotspur

Sounds like it will be a very nice lookin g call  can't wait to see and hear it

Marc

Quote from: M Sharpe on August 04, 2016, 07:41:01 AM
I'd probably ask them what they thought about the combo. Some woods make better paddles than they do boxes. JMO
I agree with you and Outdoors...

Call him up and talk to him.  Tell him what sound and look you are hoping for.  I recently ordered a box call from him, and went completely off his recommendations (although I was only concerned with the sound of the call)...  I was NOT disappointed.  He turns out a great box call.

To me, one of the biggest benefits of ordering a custom call, is to talk to the call-maker and actually have it custom made for me, and my needs.  I have ordered multiple duck and goose calls, as well as several turkey calls, and all the call makers have been more than happy to speak with me and give me their recommendations...
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

Spring Creek Calls

Makes me think how cool a yellowheart box with an ebony paddle/lid would look. How it would sound would be a ?.
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

mgm1955

outdoors

Quote from: MDTOM84 on August 15, 2016, 09:52:08 PM
Quote from: Spring Creek Calls on August 15, 2016, 12:45:02 PM
Makes me think how cool a yellowheart box with an ebony paddle/lid would look. How it would sound would be a ?.
Mr.Whitt is making me a ebony over yellowheart short box right now. I asked him about the sound It would make and he told me that combo is one of his favorite combos because of the clear front end and really good rasp on the back end.
NOW THAT SOUNDS VERY INTERESTING ..... I WOOD LIKE TO HEAR THAT .....
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field