OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Need TC pro hunter help

Started by tra_cline, April 05, 2011, 10:05:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tra_cline

ok got a buddy with a 12g pro hunter and he is having NO luck with it at all. would like to here what combo ya'll have shot in them

sugarray

try a search.  There are quite a few guys here using them.

tra_cline

I DID BEFORE I POSTED THE TOPIC.  the search only goes to the crash. only threads are 20g

m7carroll

I shoot a 20'' 12 ga Encore with a SSX and 3" magblends. I got 192 in 10" at 40 yards last week. The temp was 64 with a mild wind. The SSX tube is THE BEST tube I have found for my gun. I tried a jellyhead, rhino and a T/C and could only get about 130 with any of those. Try the SSX with either 3-2-6 or Magblends. I get around 165 with the 3-2-6 but the pattern is about 6" high. I hope this helps!!

1iagobblergetter

I have a T/C Encore and had the best luck with tighter constriction. I have a Rhino .660 and a Kicks .655 that I patterned mine with.Both patterned really well with the H-13 #7S especially the 3 1/2

mightyjoeyoung

Has he considered having the forcing cone lengthened and pollished and the bore polished?  I thought the forcing cones on the Encore turkey barrels were quite short and abrupt.  Strange considering that a barrel for one is more than what I paid for my 835...and almost as much as I paid for my Encore pistol...
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

anthonyjhallen

IC .660 Nitro/"Older" Hevi 7s is what I shoot.  Matter of fact it shoots everthing about as well as you could expect from each respective round. 

snapper1982

Quote from: 1iagobblergetter on April 05, 2011, 03:22:36 PM
I have a T/C Encore and had the best luck with tighter constriction. I have a Rhino .660 and a Kicks .655 that I patterned mine with.Both patterned really well with the H-13 #7S especially the 3 1/2

i didnt know they made an encore barrel that shot 3.5 in........ did you have it custom made?

Tom Foolery

I would not want to touch off a 3.5" in an Encore.  I like my right shoulder, it's my favorite.

TScottW99

My 12 ga. Encore 24" barrel likes the Hevi-13, 3" 2 ounce #6 load with a Pure Gold .670 choke. 
"What gets us jangly is the suddenness of everything. We hunt turkeys because we want to hear them gobble, watch them strut and all that, and we hunt them with shotguns because we want to be close to them when those things occur." - Jim Spencer

mightyjoeyoung

Quote from: Tom Foolery on April 05, 2011, 09:21:57 PM
I would not want to touch off a 3.5" in an Encore.  I like my right shoulder, it's my favorite.

:agreed:  And... :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

chatterbox

Quote from: mightyjoeyoung on April 05, 2011, 11:17:32 PM
Quote from: Tom Foolery on April 05, 2011, 09:21:57 PM

:agreed:  And... :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

X2!  :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

1iagobblergetter

Quote from: snapper1982 on April 05, 2011, 09:16:01 PM
Quote from: 1iagobblergetter on April 05, 2011, 03:22:36 PM

i didnt know they made an encore barrel that shot 3.5 in........ did you have it custom made?
Its not custom. I was patterning my 870 with the H-13 #7 3.5S and my T/C with the H-13 3in #7S the same day and dropped a 3.5 shell in. I didn't even know they would fit without custom work,but it patterned really well. I called T/C and they said they DIDNT recommend shooting the 3.5s due to extra pressures. I got called to work abrubtly and was going to reword the above post today before posting and talk to T/C,but when I shut the computer off during the post yesterday it posted? (or hit the wrong button)? I'm not sure what the difference would be pressure wise other than a .25 ounce of shot, I'll post and ask some of the guys that know about this stuff,but like I said T/C said DONT!

mightyjoeyoung

I would think the frame would be able to handle the pressures as shotgun pressures are no where near that of smokeless rifle cartriges which is exactly why the encore frame was made in the first place...to handle the higher pressures of modern rifle loads.  But...I would definetely take TC's recommendation of not throwing another roman candle in the chamber again!!