OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

More predators?

Started by JK Spurs, July 24, 2016, 10:39:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wvmntnhick

I don't care how you spin it, this is a bad idea. Not a fan of reintroduction of these things.

hotspur

I say bull cdap on this,there are probably more predators than need be, the land is fenced  and broken into blocks with highway everywhere where is a deer to run? Doubt there are more. Deer .I think they should release more turkeys

SteelerFan

Good grief... What a stupid article. BUT, I bet they are right. More cougars in the east would also mean more attacks on humans - which could possibly result in deaths, and thereby eliminating more vehicle drivers. That too would reduce the number of collisions with deer on the highway? Now that I think about it, stocking cougars in Walmart parking lots might not be such a bad idea.  ;D

Happy

Thought there were already cougars at walmart :) . What I've heard anyways.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Gobspur

So...straight from the article:

"a reestablished cougar population would save about five human lives a year and prevent 680 injuries."

"paper estimates the increased cougar horde would only injure around five people a year, and maybe cause one death."

???  Stupid article.

crow

Quote from: Happy on July 25, 2016, 07:31:49 AM

just stay away from the ones that say that are "shopping for their nephew" and would you mind trying these pajamas on to see if they fit, and you will be O.K.  :TooFunny:

silvestris

"Though it isn't clear where these 10,300 cougars will come from".

Where are you going to get them?  I have no problem with animals that traditionally occupied a given habitat, especially those that temper those snorts that frequently queer the turkey I am working.  Perhaps they could reduce the populations of those mangy coyotes.
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

SteelerFan

Quote from: crow on July 25, 2016, 08:24:39 AM
Quote from: Happy on July 25, 2016, 07:31:49 AM

just stay away from the ones that say that are "shopping for their nephew" and would you mind trying these pajamas on to see if they fit, and you will be O.K.  :TooFunny:

X2!  :TooFunny:  :TooFunny: