turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Rubber boot users

Started by fallhnt, July 21, 2016, 01:42:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Happy

Second the Irish setter rutmasters. Danner pronghorn for turkey hunting though.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

renegade19

Quote from: gaswamp on July 21, 2016, 03:26:19 PM
I have had Lacrosse and Mucks, but if you want a serious boot that will last buy LeChameau.....Read the reviews
http://www.orvis.com/p/le-chameau-leather-lined-mens-chasseur/207z

BTW, I almost pulled the trigger on a pair of these boots before I settled on the Bogs.  IF I remember right, Sierr@  Trading post had some of their LeChameau boots on clearance at a good price. 

gaswamp

had the aeroheads and burlys comfy boots but if you hunt hard and go through rough thicket briary stuff they want last.

VaTuRkStOmPeR

Lacrosse Granges are the best runner boot I've ever used. 

They lock onto your foot well and their softer bottom allows you to really feel for sticks and twigs before firmly setting your foot down while walking in the darkness.

I usually get 3-4 seasons per pair and that's with 20+ days per spring plus general outdoor use.

Gentry

One can buy 10 years worth of lacrosse grange for the price of French boots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maytom

Lacrosse Burleys with the air bob soles

callmakerman

For me the La Crosse boots are still my go to boot. I log a ton of miles in the woods and river bottoms where I have had sticks poking the boots or even tripping over old buried barbed wire fence with no holes in the boots. I will say that it does seem like the rubber they use is different than what was used in the past and that's a damn shame but I still get three years out of a pair and for me they feel great even after they have been on my feet for many hours and days on end.

Brian Fahs

Lacrosse burly air Bob sole and grange.

Been using them since 1989. Earlier models had better rubber but still amazingly tough and comfortable boots.

mtns2hunt

Been buying rubber boots from Gander Mountain. They carry all the different brand names but their house brands hold up well. They have a super tough boot well made and heavy. Used it for two years and it finally developed a leak. Did not think they would do anything but they took it back. Walked out with a new pair.

Purchased a real light (cheap) boot for Turkey hunting in New Mexico. Lasted just over a year before springing a leak. Took it back and again walked out with a new pair. I buy Gander boots because they are comfortable and I hunt a farm that has 90% briers everywhere you go plus several creeks. No boot will hold up in that environment. Even leather boots take a terrific beating. I actually feel guilty taking my demolished and scarred boots back but they never complain. One sales girl told me that they take back Gander boots even after the warranty has expired.
Everyone wants to be successful - some just need help.

Marc

Quote from: dirt road ninja on July 21, 2016, 02:14:59 PM
Lacrosse Grange. I've used them for at least 20 years and they are durable and comfortable. The Grange used to be the standard issue boot for most southern deer and turkey hunters. I used to not trust anyone who showed up wearing something else unless it was freezing. I still wear them for deer, but now wear Chippewa snake boots most of the time when chasing turkeys.
Good boot...  Probably not as good as when you bought them.

My first year lasted well over 20 years...  My last pair about 5 years...  However, I have been hunting/shooting a lot of dairies, and I have to wonder if the acid (from cow fertilizer) did not cause the boots to last far less time?
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

maytom

Another vote for the Lacrosse Burleys with the air bob soles!!! I wear these exclusively for spring turkey and for early bow season until it gets extremely cold, then I switch to pak boots.

born2hunt

I used to wear lacrosse burlys and had a couple soles come off within the first year.  I then  switched over to their Mud lites for the snake protection and extra 2 inches of height . They were a little stiffer at first but broke in very well.  I now have 4 years of deer and turkey seasons on them and they are just starting to show a little cracking where they flex but have not leaked yet. I have beat these things to death in briars, cut overs, burns, rocks, climbing and hanging stands, and countless miles on public land and I  am amazed by their toughness .
Genesis 1:26
   Then God said, "Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals,[a] and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

silvestris

I have worn the LaCrosse Grange for over thirty years but I too could only get about two years before they began to crack, and then I discovered ...........Ballistol.  I rub Ballistol on them twice a year and it seems to make the rubber softer and prevent cracking.  The boots seem to soak up the Ballistol and in a day they are dry.  I then rub on another coat and let it dry and forget about them for another six months.  I also use Ballistol as a CLP on all of my guns and my tools and noisy hinges.  I don't know how I got along without it.
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

outdoors

THANK U born2hunt
I WAS CURIOUS ABOUT THE lacrosse their Mud lites AND DID A SEARCH AND THERES ALOT OF GOOD REVIEWS ON THIS BRAND @ CABELAS HAVE THEM ON SALE IN SOME SIZES . THEY HAD MY SIZE SO I ORDERED
IVE HAD GOOD RESULTS LACROSSE AND EVERY YEAR BEFORE THE SEASON STARTS I USE MINEROIL ON MINE ...............
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

silvestris

Spray it on the boots and start rubbing with my bare hands.  The Germans have used it on wounds.
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game