OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Thank One

Started by Will, July 09, 2016, 08:06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will

I'm a cop. I've been doing it for about 22 1/2 years. I hold rank and have policed some bad neighborhoods. Take the time to thank one. Not all are perfect but the job is not easy. You are constantly reminded of how bad people can be including politicians. Don't be so quick to judge when you don't have all the facts and training one has when in that situation. I know this isn't turkey related but I find this sight interesting for the fact we all here have something in common, TURKEY HUNTING yet come from many walks of life and experiences!

guesswho

I'll be the first to admit that over my life time I have cussed LEO's under my breath a couple of times.   Only to later realize I should have cussed myself.   I'll also be the first to admit that when I see a cop riding down my road I think to myself I'm glad he's out and about. 

Thank you to everyone in uniform from Police, Military to Firefighters.   Y'all are a special breed and most of us couldn't deal with what you do on a daily basis. 
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

hookedspur

Thank You Will
I'm a child of the 60-70s and was raised by some pretty awesome parents.
They taught me if I needed help find a policeman and if one told me to stop then STOP get on the ground then get on the ground, SO my prayers are with you and your brothers and sisters in blue.

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

outdoors

I HAVE THE UPMOST RESPECT FOR ALL FIRST RESPONDERS   :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

1iagobblergetter

Definitely could not be an easy career. Thank you, and may the Lord watch over all of you and keep you out of harms way.

tomstopper

Thank you all who serve.

Greg Massey

Quote from: outdoors on July 09, 2016, 08:49:06 PM
I HAVE THE UPMOST RESPECT FOR ALL FIRST RESPONDERS   :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an
x2

captpete

I was a firefighter for 20 years and worked side-by-side with quite few different officers on many calls. Like almost everything in life you will find a bad a one, but for the most part they are good people. Most have a great sense of humor. Take off the uniform and they are just a person with the same dreams, fears and goals in life as anybody else.

Prayers to the families of killed and to the injuried. Prayers also for all Officers that they stay safe. 

THANK YOU!!!!

Bowguy

Well said. Thank you brother!

renegade19

Thanks and prayers to all.  You can't understand what they do and what they go through unless you've been there.

MISSISSIPPI Double beard

My father in law was a 37 year veteran of law enforcement. He always told me stories of the 60s and 70s. I have 3 more friends that are officers. One in Illinois, one in Alabama and one here in Mississippi. I know several more we are not close friends though. I have the ultimate respect for officers. I know I wouldn't do their job for what it pays. Thank you for your service!
They call him...Kenny..Kenny

mgm1955

Dr Juice

Thank you to all of our law enforcement. You have a thankless job with low pay for what you risk. Hence, I have the utmost respect for our real heroes that protect us on a daily basis. Stay safe and keep doing a fine job.

All The Way!

Fullfan

Thank you from a Retired Pa State Trooper. I did 25 years and hung it up in 2014. Times are a changing without a doubt.  At times I still wish I was a  Active Trooper....
Don't gobble at me...

Champ63

Great topic and well said Will. I retired after 25 yrs. with the Ms. Hwy. Patrol. Thanks guys for all for your words of support. Lee