OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

I want to talk about Jimmy Schaffer...

Started by sixbird, July 09, 2016, 01:58:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

REBELYELL

Jimmy makes a great call and is an even better person. Here is a story I shared about his kindness in a post from a couple of months ago.

Mad crystal, blue crystal, no name crystal. Crystal this and crystal that. You name it and the man from Jersey puts a hen in it. I have only been knowing Jimmy and buying calls from him for about three years now. He is a great friend with a big heart. When he sent me my first call, he sent a trough call that was was personalized to my son. When I started a Make A Wish fund raiser this past year for my son, Jimmy was the first one to offer a donation. He later donated a second call out of his personal collection. If that was not enough, after discussing Coleman's wish which was for a playground set, he volunteered to give him his son's playground set that he had outgrown. Not only did he want to give it to him, he wanted to personally deliver it from New Jersey and then install it. I was very grateful, but I had to respectfully decline his offer because I knew Make A Wish would grant his wish. Anyway, during this three year period, I couldn't ever recall seeing a glass call come from his shop. I jokingly challenged him to build me a glass call and boy did he deliver. This  walnut double glass call will do it all in realistic tone; tree yelps, clucks and purrs to some nasty yelping and cutting. Thanks for the call Jimbo and most of all thank you for your friendship buddy.

Cove

I'm a minimalist when it comes to calls I carry while hunting. I carry one pot call and it's Jimmy's Gen 1 Mad Hen. He's most definitely a class act. Along my US Slam journey I have Jimmy to thank for more than 1 destination suggestion. On my visit, we hunted together and also played in his shop a while. I experienced everything everyone else has already mentioned. Jimmy is flat out "good people."

greentag

i agree,jimmy is a great guy,i too have only been getting calls from jimmy for about 3 years,and in that time he has been one of the greatest people to deal with i have ever had the pleasure to deal with.there have been times when i would order a call and get to talking about another call i would be wanting and telling him how in a month or so i would be getting in touch with him to order one only to find that when i get my call i had ordered the one i was talking about would be in the box too,with a note telling me not to worry about paying him until i was ready and on my feet good enough no matter how long it takes,he said aint no reason on having to pay shipping twice when this one was already coming.i would always pay him quickly as i could and write him a note telling him what it was for and thanking him.he makes a great call and even better his personality matches the quality he puts forth in his calls.jimmy,billy buice,and al shoemaker have all been great callmakers to deal with,and each has did some little something to help me,not knowing me from no one,and for that i greatly appreciate it,and will always get a call or two along the way from them,plus they make some of the finest calls you can get.glad there are still people in this world that takes the time to go out of the way to help people and do buisness in the manner in which they do.

Flounder

Character is how you treat those that can do nothing for you.

That's what this is called my brothers.
Flounder

RutnNStrutn

drenalinld

Also spent a day with him in his shop and basement. Good man. Hope to do it again some day.

mgm1955

Some of the best pots out there! Always been a pleasure to talk with on the phone. Sounds like a great day.

Chilly

Jimmy is a hell of a guy!  I've bought several from him and even had to send one in for repair a few weeks ago.  My son spilled water on his call and it saturated it for several days before anyone knew about it.  I told Jimmy about it and he said just to send it back to him.  The call ran like a brand new one when we got it back.  I've only met him once but I can honestly say that he will treat you right and like he has been your friend for a long time!  He wants his customers to be happy and that is #1 to him!
Can't kill'em from the couch!!!!