turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Enclosed Trailer Hunting Camp Conversion

Started by Borat, July 05, 2016, 02:04:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Borat

Looking to see if anyone has converted an enclosed trailer into a simple hunting camp?

I don't need anything elaborate, but I do need to be able to live out of my 6'X10' Haulmark for roughly a month or more as I try to get the states.  If anyone has any experience, ideas, or pictures of an existing trailer conversion, I'd greatly appreciate your willingness to share. 

Thanks!

Greg Massey

They are some youtube videos on enclosed trailers converted to haul 4 wheeler and side x side for hunting and camping with bunk beds and a small kitchen up front.

Borat

Thanks, Greg.  I've watched a substantial number of the youtube and gained a few ideas, but I'm looking to see if anyone here has first hand experience, as well as what fellow turkey hunters identify as a critical need for the build.

Brian Fahs

Interested as well. I have seen guys do this often. Looks like. A reasonable way to stay comfortable and keep your gear secure.

born2hunt

That is my plan for a hunting rig/camper. I am planning on a 7x14 with some fold down bunks and a basic compact bath room in the nose. An actual camper just has to much wasted space for my needs and are so cheaply made. But as much public land hunting as I do I really need a camper, I am sick of pitching tents. I have it all built in my head, I just need to get the trailer hopefully within a year or so. There is a forum called ''Teardrops and tiny travel trailers'' that has a section on cargo conversions with a lot of info that may help you out.
Genesis 1:26
   Then God said, "Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals,[a] and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

wvmntnhick

This is the exact reason I'd love to find a sweet deal on a short bus. Probably should've been riding in one most of my life anyway but man I'd love to find a good deal on one to turn into a mobile camper. A motor home of sorts. Take the rear seats out and put in a couple cots. Add a hitch and pull an atv when going to the hunting club. Add a Coleman camp stove and take along one of those collapsible outhouses and there it'd be. Loving every minute of it.

Same could be done with the trailer though. Just make sure it's well ventilated if using any kind of gas heat. Don't want to die in your sleep from CO poisoning.

Gooserbat

We hunt alot out of an aluminum horse trailer.  We have plexiglass covers on the sides and back to keep the weather out.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.