turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Update on stoeger m3500

Started by winfila, June 21, 2016, 05:50:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winfila

Just received my gun back from the factory and was a bad factory xfc. The bore was at an angle. They replaced it with a benelli trulock turkey choke .665 and it patterned pretty impressive. They did a test fire at 21 yards and poa was awesome. The test target was sent with the gun as with the gunsmith report as  well. So we will see when I go and pattern the gun as well.

Farmboy27

Good to hear. Sounds like they got ya set up! 

Dr Juice

Great news. Keep us posted.

All The Way!

wvmntnhick

I've been eyeballing one of these for a while. Don't really need another shotgun but have been considering it as a decent 3.5" semi gun. Love my sx2 but want to try and find a semiautomatic with a shorter barrel.

winfila

Love to be able to lean you towards one but my experience has not been the best. I got one because several people I know have them and just love them. Mine was a simple issue with a simple fix. Just a bad choke tube. Now as far as the performance no issues fires and chambers well. Only negative I found was the possibility of a second fire on its own. What I read on that was when they were cleaned very well and well lubed caused the second fire from the action. I left mine alone and just did a light spray with Remington oil and no issues. I went with it also closest thing to a benelli with half of the price tag. Stoegers customer was really great and a pleasure to deal with. Several people on this forum have these guns and had no issue. I am going to try and pattern mine this weekend and see if I get the same pattern as the factory did. The poa was really good with an awesome spread. If it does the same thing for me I'll give it a full star review. I tried to load the pic of the test patter target but would not load up. I truly hope it performs like what I have heard. I will give a post on the pattern sometime this weekend.

winfila

Hey fellas I didn't get the chance to pattern it this weekend had to work so maybe I will be able to this weekend.

Dr Juice

Standing by for the after action report.

All The Way!

winfila

Still have not had the chance to pattern it yet, been snowed under with work. I do commercial HVAC and you can imagine how busy it can get in the south with our heat. Just wanted to keep yall posted.

Dr Juice

Understood. You would be very busy in my part of the south as well ... Southern NY :-)

All The Way!