turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Hevi-13 in a Kicks Tube

Started by Mtneer, April 04, 2011, 10:00:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mtneer

I know that Kicks doesn't reccomend  Hevi-13 in the Gobbling Thunder.
However I see that some are ignoring recomendation. 

Is the concern more of damage to the tube or risk to the shooter?  I Have a .665 in my Benelli and was just looking for input.  I'm interested in patterning Hevi 7's.

Gobble!

Damage to the tube. Many here use it and have not had problems yet.

BigPeck215

in my opinion it is one of the beefiest chokes on the market, there are reports of tubes damaged by hevi 13 but i have not seen one that has been confirmed to be damaged by hevi 13 and until i do i will continue to shoot hevi 13 in my kicks 10ga

ILIKEHEVI-13

There's a guy at GON forum that swears Hevi-13 damaged his Kicks choke.  He's the first I have heard say that.  I'll see if I can find the post.

1iagobblergetter

I have 2 guns with the Kicks chokes and have shot countless heavy rounds through them with know more visible wear than any of the numerous others I have that are heavy compatible. I'm not saying it couldn't happen,but I've had chokes that were made for heavy that have had problems with it that I've sent back.

Mtneer

Thanks for all the input!  I plan on patterning  7's and mag blends this evening.

BigPeck215

i would like to see the pictures of the choke that the 2 mag blends blew to pieces, just because someone claims it happened doesn't mean there telling the truth

gatrkyhntr70

Ive shot alot of hevi and nitros through kicks chokes, with no problems what so ever; just great patterns.  Ive  compared them to all the top chokes, kicks is hard to beat.
<- <- <= <- <- <- <-

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: BigPeck215 on April 05, 2011, 06:48:08 PM
i would like to see the pictures of the choke that the 2 mag blends blew to pieces, just because someone claims it happened doesn't mean there telling the truth

I'll agree with that. 

SKFOOTER

Quote from: Mtneer on April 04, 2011, 10:00:21 PM
I know that Kicks doesn't reccomend  Hevi-13 in the Gobbling Thunder.
However I see that some are ignoring recomendation.  

Is the concern more of damage to the tube or risk to the shooter?  I Have a .665 in my Benelli and was just looking for input.  I'm interested in patterning Hevi 7's.

I shoot the 7's thru a Kick's .655 in my Benelli SBE and M1, as well as thru a .655 Jellyhead.  Great patterns!!