OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Made the wife a knife

Started by pappy, June 17, 2016, 07:19:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappy

I had bought a Mosaic Damascus Billet the other day with full intentions of making another Arkansas Toothpick but when I started drawing it out, a lil' voice said to make this instead. It is a Chef's Knife  12" in length with a 5-1/2" blade she is not much on heavy knives, so after the initial shaping I had to take off another hunk of meat on either side to thin it down and make it lighter for her. It was originally hollow grounded but after I took the extra weight off now it is a combo straight and hollow ground. Look closely and you'll see the p[patterning... I am not going to acid etch this one as she likes the way it is so i polished it to 1200 grit and the used jeweler's polish to finish it off and applied some restoration & protection wax...the handles are snakewood with holly spacers...she loves it!
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

outdoors

WOW WHAT A GENTLEMAN 
     WOW WHAT A SHARP LOOKING KNIFE
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Dr Juice

That's a beauty Pappy. She's a lucky gal.

All The Way!

Jim K

That snake wood makes a really sharp looking knife. Good job.

SinGin

Looks nice although is making your wife a sharp pointed piece of metal to stab with such a good idea? I know I ain't making my wife no knife :OGani:

dejake

vaturkey

Vaturkey

birddogdoc

crow

very nice job, that is a good practical working design

jonathan creason

That's a very handy looking kitchen knife.  I'd love to see some pics down the line of that pattern after a patina starts to develop. 

pappy

Quote from: jonathan creason on June 20, 2016, 10:10:10 AM
That's a very handy looking kitchen knife.  I'd love to see some pics down the line of that pattern after a patina starts to develop.
as a polished and waxed finish is on this one it won't come out like one that is etched. this is what it looked like prior to making the knife
tel...573-380-8206

Fatbeard

That snakewood is beautiful
East TN Beard Buster

owlhoot

Quote from: SinGin on June 17, 2016, 10:28:53 PM
Looks nice although is making your wife a sharp pointed piece of metal to stab with such a good idea? I know I ain't making my wife no knife :OGani:
:lol:

laker

pappy

tel...573-380-8206