OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Gun control...

Started by sixbird, June 16, 2016, 08:09:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prohunter3509

Done done and done. Thanks for posting

silvestris

I sent e-mails to my 2 Senators pointing out the due process issue should one be wrongfully placed on a list.  No one knows how you get on the list or how to get off should you be denied a plane seat or a gun.  Fix that and I will have no problem banning those on a list, but the Dems just don't get it.
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

jamo

sixbird

Quote from: silvestris on June 16, 2016, 08:35:23 PM
I sent e-mails to my 2 Senators pointing out the due process issue should one be wrongfully placed on a list.  No one knows how you get on the list or how to get off should you be denied a plane seat or a gun.  Fix that and I will have no problem banning those on a list, but the Dems just don't get it.

Due process AND the right to face your accuser...If you do somehow get on the list rightfully or wrongfully, you don't have the right, according to this law, to know what you are accused of...

sixbird

Thank you all...It's heartening to see people take action on such an important issue.
I'm of the understanding that representatives count each contact as multiple contacts since they assume that only a small proportion of constituents that feel the same will contact them...
Keep it going ladies and gents! Share the hell out of it! Facebook the link. Mail it to your friends. Any organizations you belong to, share it!
It's important!

Jroddc

wvmntnhick

Tail Feathers

Done.  Even though it will probably double the e-mails and letters I receive from the NRA.  I sure wish they would tone that done about 99%.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

sixbird

Just contribute a little and when they call, tell them you already donated. They'll back off...OR, just contribute again. I think it's important enough that when they call, I always give them something. I do get tired of listening to the spiel so I cut in and say, "You're looking for a donation, right?" They seem a little taken back but I explain that I'm already aware and am on the same page. It makes things quick and painless. I'd rather spend my money in defense of my constitutional rights than in a bar somewhere...

captpete

Done....thanks for the link!

Jim K

Done and thanks for the link. I do cringe about giving them my email address. I know what's coming!

Happy

Quote from: Jim K on June 18, 2016, 05:40:55 PM
Done and thanks for the link. I do cringe about giving them my email address. I know what's coming!
Still, it's better than buckmasters.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

sixbird

Quote from: Jim K on June 18, 2016, 05:40:55 PM

I wouldn't worry about it...If they become too much, just tell them to put you on do not call list and any emails that come, unsubscribe...I put up with the minor inconvenience because they best represent me on a crucial issue...

2eagles

Quote from: Tail Feathers on June 17, 2016, 08:52:51 AM
Done.  Even though it will probably double the e-mails and letters I receive from the NRA.  I sure wish they would tone that done about 99%.

Email, just hit delete.
Letters, toss in the trash.
Simple as that.
Done.

DUCKDIGGLER

Thank you!

Done and posted on my Facebook timeline!

Speak up folks...they want them all!

DD :OGturkeyhead: