turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Buying calls from Lonnie Sneed

Started by wvmntnhick, June 14, 2016, 07:19:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wvmntnhick

For those that have bought calls from Lonnie, do y'all wait until he's finished the call and he calls you or did you send him the money up front? I've spoken to the man twice but I'm afraid to ask simply because I don't want him to feel as if I'm pressuring him to complete the dang thing. I was told it'd be the end of summer before I see it and I'm fine with that. It could be winter for all I care, doesn't matter to me. I just don't want t bother him again if I don't have to as I'm sure he's busy based on the number of orders in his book. If anyone could tell me what the protocol is with Mr. Sneed, I'd be appreciative.

SteelerFan

Hit him up on Twitter...  :TooFunny:

I believe I just sent him the money with a note with my order details and contact info... But it's been awhile, so I can't speak in certainty as to his preference. I definitely wouldn't have any hesitations fronting the money with Mr. Sneed...

Snood Life

I sent him a check when I placed the order. Don't think he cashed it til after he sent me my calls. I also included a little piece of paper in the envelope with what I was ordering.

CMBOSTC

The first time that I bought calls from him I sent a check and a note. The second time was more of a wait. He told me that he would have my order done in a couple of weeks, I called him and then I sent the check and note. My impression of Lonnie is he won't be mad if you call and check in.

Chris

rblake

wvmntnhick, I am in the same boat. I had a wonderful conversation with the man. When we talked business, I knew how many calls were on his list, the price and when to expect the calls being completed. We exchanged only phone numbers but did not cover when he wanted the money.

RB
Mountaineer by birth and choice. Grand Slam 2013

born2hunt

Quote from: 10splayer23 on June 14, 2016, 08:27:03 AM
I sent him a check when I placed the order. Don't think he cashed it til after he sent me my calls. I also included a little piece of paper in the envelope with what I was ordering.

Same here
Genesis 1:26
   Then God said, "Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals,[a] and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

wvmntnhick

Think I'll just call him again and get his address then. I've got no problem sending him money up front, just wasn't real sure what his preference was. I'll send it out when we come back from the beach. Thanks fellas.

KYFrid

When I talked to him a few months ago. He took down my name and number. He said it'd be end of summer.

I figured when he gets to me, he'll just call and let me know how much and where to send.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marc

I do not believe I have ever purchased a call (duck, goose, or turkey) without paying up front...  I find it a bit perplexing that a call maker would do such.

Unless I was suspicious or worried about being stiffed, I always pay up front, and then I do not have to worry about the payment later... 

Also, if I pay when I order and prices go up, I will not be charged more after the call is made, since I purchased the call at the previous price.
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

jed clampett

Lonnie will give you a buzz when your calls are finished...then send him the money....i have had several call makers send me the call and when I received it...i payed for it...not to many that do it that way...

wvspitndrum

Quote from: born2hunt on June 14, 2016, 09:48:59 AM
Quote from: 10splayer23 on June 14, 2016, 08:27:03 AM

Same here
same here also !!

sixbird

I just bought a few from Lonnie. He called the other day and said they were ready and to send him a check. That was the agreement from the start (I asked if he wanted payment up front...He said pay, when they were done).
I'm sure he wouldn't mind being paid up front, but on the other hand, maybe he has an organizational reason for wanting payment when they're done...

Fullfan

That is one man I would not worry about sending money to. But make sure you have a free hour to chat when you call. LOL
Don't gobble at me...

HFultzjr

Quote from: rblake on June 14, 2016, 09:43:15 AM
wvmntnhick, I am in the same boat. I had a wonderful conversation with the man. When we talked business, I knew how many calls were on his list, the price and when to expect the calls being completed. We exchanged only phone numbers but did not cover when he wanted the money.

RB

Me too!
Now I'm wondering if I should give him a call.
Got so into our conversation, I didn't ask about money.
He just said he would put me on the list and asked for name and phone #.
:OGturkeyhead:

sixbird

The number of calls that have been ordered and the number that he's been making, he won't care if you pay him or not. He can just give the call to the next customer if you don't pay...I wouldn't worry about it.I don't think he'll worry about it either. He'll contact you and ask for payment.
He has your info. in his book and he's pretty meticulous about keeping it straight...