OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Shopping list: Turkey Season 2017

Started by Spurs, June 09, 2016, 01:50:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KYFrid

Call wise. Got a Sneed Hot Hen on order. Two Torman strikers. And would like to pick up a Paul box call.

Also thinking about picking up a truck bed tent for out of state hunts next spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VaTuRkStOmPeR

1. Original bottomland dip on the new M2 20 ga.
2.  3 lbs of TSS 8's.
3. Burris FF3 and 336 mount
4. New pair of Danner Jackal 2 Snakeboots
5.  Billy Buice trumpet
6. Rtic 45 cooler

Should be good w regard to everything else.

beakbuster10

Quote from: VaTuRkStOmPeR on June 09, 2016, 09:11:10 PM
1. Original bottomland dip on the new M2 20 ga.
2.  3 lbs of TSS 8's.
3. Burris FF3 and 336 mount
4. New pair of Danner Jackal 2 Snakeboots
5.  Billy Buice trumpet
6. Rtic 45 cooler

Should be good w regard to everything else.

Man I'd stay away from the jackal 2. I just sent a pair back that I bought before the season started. They leaked like a milk peppered with number 8s within a week. I'm getting my money back and putting them towards pronghorn snake boots.

buzzardroost

I bought a ton this year so next year should be lighter.

1. More mouth calls, definitely a backup Gooserbat bacon
2. Remington 20 gauge choke for HW7's , sumtoy maybe?
3. Switch to HW7's
4. If the rumored new mossy oak pattern comes out, I'll get some of that.
5. Picked up a Halloran walnut wenge slat on here this week!

That may possibly be it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Swampchickin234

Couple pots, a scratch box, new pair of high top hikers for runnin the ridges, always more shells, oos tags, and prolly 4-5 more executioner 2 mouth calls.  Prolly be set. 

But I'm sure I'll think of more lol

mgm1955

owlhoot

Isn't really a thing I can think of right now ,  but I can imagine a bunch of stuff will come to mind , especially with threads like this and all the helpful call makers on here  :wave:

MISSISSIPPI Double beard

I'll be buying a pair of Danner snake boots in Mossy Oak bottomland. Also a few more mouth calls.
They call him...Kenny..Kenny

Happy

A few calls, maybe some camo and shells, definitely shells. If I use one box then I buy two.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Va3toes

I made the mistake of buying my first custom call this year, so about the only thing on my list is calls, calls and more calls.....probably another box of  Mag Blends and some more Greenleaf too.

captpete

I would like to pick up a call or two from Jimmy Schaffer. He made a personalized call for me thing spring and it was the best sounding and easiest call I have played.

crow

Quote from: M Sharpe on June 09, 2016, 05:44:15 PM
All of you guys need to come to the Unicoi Custom Call Makers Show in Helen, GA January 13th & 14th!! Sorry, but you won't find camo there, nor choke tubes....nothing but custom made turkey calls!!

Mark

Do we have to get all dressed up to come there to shop?

thats one of the big reasons I like going to the dollar store----you don't have to get dressed up all spiffy like you do when going to fancy places like walmart.

wisconsinteacher

I have a few things on my list

Choke tube for my new to me 16ga 870
16ga ammo
Hanks glass call
Tags
A few mouth calls
A few new strikers

I'm guessing there will be more added to the list, but as of today, this is it.

Spurs

Quote from: crow on June 10, 2016, 09:46:59 PM
Quote from: M Sharpe on June 09, 2016, 05:44:15 PM
All of you guys need to come to the Unicoi Custom Call Makers Show in Helen, GA January 13th & 14th!! Sorry, but you won't find camo there, nor choke tubes....nothing but custom made turkey calls!!

Mark

Do we have to get all dressed up to come there to shop?

thats one of the big reasons I like going to the dollar store----you don't have to get dressed up all spiffy like you do when going to fancy places like walmart.
Precisely why I stay away from target...beside the bathroom coin toss

This year is going to suck!!!

Marc

Quote from: Spurs on June 09, 2016, 01:50:10 PM
Well, with season gone and pockets empty....now is the time to start saving for next year.  Here is my shopping list (short, but sweet).

-Tenzing TV14 Turkey Vest OR Cabela's Tactical Tat'r 2 (gunna try them out before purchasing...suggestions welcome)

-870 Compact...TSS#8...custom rattle can paint job...iron sights...looking for even "200/200" split in the 10"/20" ring.

-Russell Moccasins Turkey hunter w/ Turtle Skin.  If you don't know....search them.

-About 20 mouth calls (decided this year to lighten the load and go exclusive with mouth calls).

-Redhead Stalker Lite Pants (Trutimber Kanati Camo)

I'm sure there will be more, but I'm up to about $1700 or so as of right now.

What's on yalls list?????

I purchased the Tat'r-2 vest this season, and have enjoyed it.  My options are limited being somewhat small, and it was nice to have a vest that actually fits that was also designed well...

Last couple seasons I have purchased both Hooks and Gooserbat calls, and have not been disappointed...  Nice thing about custom calls is that you can call the call-maker, tell them what you are looking for, and they will recommend the best options....  Seeing as how diaphragm calls have a limited life-span, I tend to purchase them closer to the season.

As important diaphragm calls are, I sure enjoy friction calls though...  I'd hate to leave my box call and scratcher at home.  Diaphragm calls are a great turkey hunting tool, but friction calls are fun and useful toys...
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.