turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Shopping list: Turkey Season 2017

Started by Spurs, June 09, 2016, 01:50:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spurs

Well, with season gone and pockets empty....now is the time to start saving for next year.  Here is my shopping list (short, but sweet).

-Tenzing TV14 Turkey Vest OR Cabela's Tactical Tat'r 2 (gunna try them out before purchasing...suggestions welcome)

-870 Compact...TSS#8...custom rattle can paint job...iron sights...looking for even "200/200" split in the 10"/20" ring.

-Russell Moccasins Turkey hunter w/ Turtle Skin.  If you don't know....search them.

-About 20 mouth calls (decided this year to lighten the load and go exclusive with mouth calls).

-Redhead Stalker Lite Pants (Trutimber Kanati Camo)

I'm sure there will be more, but I'm up to about $1700 or so as of right now.

What's on yalls list?????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This year is going to suck!!!

TrackeySauresRex

Quote from: Spurs on June 09, 2016, 01:50:10 PM
suggestions welcome
-About 20 mouth calls (decided this year to lighten the load and go exclusive with mouth calls).
What's on yalls list?????

Don't lighten that load too much. Your gonna need that box call on a windy day. Or even that fresh snap of a good slate or glass pot.
Post up them new toys my OG brother. I'm going to refresh on some new reeds in the off season as well.
:anim_25:
Johnny
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

SwampRooster17

My list of calls I need for next year are
- Lonnie Mabry box and slate
- Natural addiction trumpet
- Willow Ridge friction wood
- SS scratch box

slwayne

Gonna try to restrict myself to just one new call next year.  Thinking a new box from Spring Creek (I like doing doing business with fellow Michiganders).  I know I'll end up with a least a half dozen new mouth calls too because they're relatively cheap and I just can't help myself.  Also, a Browning Camping Strutter chair.

Spurs, I checked out those Russell Moccasin boots.  Sure sound great but they sure are pricey.  WAY out of my price range.  Think I'll stick with my Mucks and Danner Pronghorns.

Spurs

Quote from: MDTOM84 on June 09, 2016, 02:22:36 PM

4. Going to get new camo (not sure what pattern)

Check out Trutimber.  They have a pattern called "new conceal".  Very good looking with a lot of contrasting colors...haven't seen in on clothing yet, assuming it is very new and they haven't got that far yet.

Spurs

Quote from: slwayne on June 09, 2016, 03:12:55 PM

Spurs, I checked out those Russell Moccasin boots.  Sure sound great but they sure are pricey.  WAY out of my price range.  Think I'll stick with my Mucks and Danner Pronghorns.

Lifetime warranty is well worth it to me.  Will have them pay for themselves in 3-4 seasons

Tail Feathers

Probably some mouth calls.  I have more good pot and box calls than I can use in a season.  I know, it's sacrilege to say that. :help:
Probably some new camo jeans, some backpack style straps to sew on my Gobbler Lounger sack and the mouth calls ought to fix me up for next spring.
I'll spend my money out OOS tags! :icon_thumright:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

nitro

My Russell's are the best boots I have ever owned. Worth every cent.
Royal Slam 2008

Tennessee Lead

Ol tom full vest
Mossy Oak camo
Few pots calls
Few box calls
Snake boots
Trumpet call
I'm sure I'll think of something else

M Sharpe

All of you guys need to come to the Unicoi Custom Call Makers Show in Helen, GA January 13th & 14th!! Sorry, but you won't find camo there, nor choke tubes....nothing but custom made turkey calls!!

Mark
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

Farmboy27

My usual 3-4 new mouth calls
A new pair of Irish setter rut masters
Thats probably about it. Headed to Nebraska next spring so that's gonna take most of my "extra money"!  What little bit more I have will go to broadheads and arrows for this fall.

BowBendr

#1 on my shopping list: Out of state tags...lots of them...I love to travel, I love to hunt.

Gods of Thunder
2015 Old Gobbler contest Champions

Roost 1

Tactical tat'r on sale in bargain cave now..$59.99 that's 50% off

KentuckyHeadhunter

I have everything I need until I see something I want.   :toothy12:
Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion

wmn2

I'm looking at a dsd hen. Probably a feeder hen. A ceramic pot, some strikers, and I want a pair of lacrosse alphabyrly 4x4 snake boots. Going to upgrade my vest as well, but not sure to what yet.

Semper Fidelis