turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Visitor

Started by JK Spurs, June 08, 2016, 08:31:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JK Spurs

I live in a residential area and we have a visitor who's been roaming the streets. He's trashing the bird feeders and knocking over garbage cans. Game commission has traps out but no luck. I set my camera up in the strip of woods behind my shed....

I like my turkey well peppered

Happy

Be careful. Once they get a taste of the easy life they can get pretty brazen. Looks like a decent sized one.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Greg Massey

I hope you have a carry permit, don't go out in the yard without a gun...lol

owlhoot

Quote from: Greg Massey on June 08, 2016, 08:45:27 PM
I hope you have a carry permit, don't go out in the yard without a gun...lol
and throw him some zagnut candy bars in the traps!

JK Spurs

Yeah buddy! I love taking my dog out in the back yard at night. He's getting brave....neighbor was working in his garden the other night and the bear sat there watching him. He had to basically chase him off.
I like my turkey well peppered

owlhoot

I know they come down the trout stream every few years behind my brothers place , and like to show up when he has meat on the smoker , he grabs a baseball bat and runs them off. But never had them come right back! That's a bit spooky.

wvmntnhick

Quote from: Happy on June 08, 2016, 08:44:51 PM
Be careful. Once they get a taste of the easy life they can get pretty brazen. Looks like a decent sized one.
I know a guy that once had to chuck a couple arrows into the ground in front of an old sow to get her to leave the vanilla spray he placed near his tree stand. It was quite amusing to hear the story.

They do tend to get a bit obtuse about things once they've gotten into trash cans and easy meals. They used to frequent the dumpster at the local restaurant back home. People would go out there to watch them and take pictures. DNR would occasionally make a half hearted attempt to remove them but it was generally dealt with locally. It gave some of the local guys a good chance to train some young dogs. Other than that, it's generally not a good situation.

Bearhunter247

Find somebody to run him! They get to get there dogs in shape an after 4 or 5 chases he'll move on. Looks like a nice one!

rblake

X2 on running him. If that is possible where you live. If you can find someone to run him with a a pack of run to catch and hair pullers he will move on
Mountaineer by birth and choice. Grand Slam 2013

Happy

Hey I finally found a suitable use for a rage broadhead.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

dejake

he'll soon move on, looking for a mate.  it' that time of year.  pretty neat, though.

wvmntnhick

Quote from: dejake on June 09, 2016, 04:11:52 AM
he'll soon move on, looking for a mate.  it' that time of year.  pretty neat, though.
I'm not in any way trying to start anything here but I'm wondering if you live near a high black bear population? If so, you'll know it's not nearly as neat as everyone thinks. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy watching them as much as the next guy. However, when they get this close to homes and start getting into things, the cool factor drops off drastically. When they start coming into the dog runs to steal the food at night, the cool factor disappears right away.

dejake

If it was at any other time of year, or if he stayed more than a week, then yes, it could become a problem.

BowBendr

My family lives around a high population of bears. They are a nuisance once they get conditioned to easy street. If the bear doesnt move along soon, you need another course of action. Candy in the traps would be my vote, I prefer payday bars ! 

Gods of Thunder
2015 Old Gobbler contest Champions

Spurs

I really hate those things.  Our Game and Fish Dept began stocking them several years back...now you can't hardly run a corn feeder or feed trough without them destroying it. 

Bout like the complete cluster with the Elk stocking/CWD problems that started in N Arkansas.....simply ignorant

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This year is going to suck!!!