OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Visitor

Started by JK Spurs, June 08, 2016, 08:31:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JK Spurs

Quote from: wvmntnhick on June 09, 2016, 06:19:30 AM
Quote from: dejake on June 09, 2016, 04:11:52 AM
he'll soon move on, looking for a mate.  it' that time of year.  pretty neat, though.
I'm not in any way trying to start anything here but I'm wondering if you live near a high black bear population? If so, you'll know it's not nearly as neat as everyone thinks. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy watching them as much as the next guy. However, when they get this close to homes and start getting into things, the cool factor drops off drastically. When they start coming into the dog runs to steal the food at night, the cool factor disappears right away.
You are correct. They become a nuisance here every spring. I live in Central PA and we have one of the higher populations in the state. We're also seeing a mother and cub running around the neighborhood as well along with this guy who's traveling alone. One climbed up a second story porch and was looking in the sliding glass door at the house down the street. You just have to keep all your garbage and food locked up and no bird feed or humming bird nectar!
I like my turkey well peppered

mgm1955

Quote from: Bearhunter247 on June 08, 2016, 09:53:58 PM
Find somebody to run him! They get to get there dogs in shape an after 4 or 5 chases he'll move on. Looks like a nice one!
Great idea.