Main Menu

Cove's Spring 2016

Started by Cove, June 06, 2016, 10:58:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oliverharrelson

Congrats on a great season

dirtnap

1tiogabowhunter

An amazing season and looking forward to the videos - congrats!

YELPA

Congrats Dave!  You are playing in a higher league, my friend!

Cove

Thank you guys very much for the kind words! I'm glad you enjoyed my 2016 summary. It was another fine spring indeed.

Cove

Quote from: nitro on June 07, 2016, 08:06:57 AM
Per normal Dave, my hat is off to you on another great season!!! Congratulations to you on completing the quest for the U.S. Slam. That is a wonderful achievement.

What is next ?? Mexico??  We should go kill an Ocellated together. I need one of them...

Fellas, yall that haven't met Dave should know- he is a marvelous caller , and obviously a great killer of turkeys.  To make it even better, he is a fine, humble young man who is a pleasure to spend time around. Passionate about Gobblers?? Yes he is.

Wow indeed..

Andy you're much too kind my friend. I'm just a ragged ole turkey hunter from Georgia who tries his best to hear every one of them he can up close each season. I am thinking Gould though. . .

mgm1955

All I can say is WOW!! Great story, pics!! Congrats on a great season and your US slam!!

Cove

Quote from: KYFrid on June 07, 2016, 03:59:35 PM
Dave,
Congrats man on a great accomplishment. I was on the turkey Hunter podcast with you last fall. I remember you had talked about planning this year out. It's awesome to see that plan come together.

Rob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Rob, you're right, I was calculating the logistics of this past spring all summer and fall. It can be difficult given that some states have very short seasons and most of them overlap. It was nice watching it all come together. Hope your season went well!

nitro

Dave,

Looks like I will be in Durango, MX in May , 2017.....

(Just sayin)

Quote from: Cove on June 07, 2016, 09:58:47 PM
Quote from: nitro on June 07, 2016, 08:06:57 AM
Per normal Dave, my hat is off to you on another great season!!! Congratulations to you on completing the quest for the U.S. Slam. That is a wonderful achievement.

What is next ?? Mexico??  We should go kill an Ocellated together. I need one of them...

Fellas, yall that haven't met Dave should know- he is a marvelous caller , and obviously a great killer of turkeys.  To make it even better, he is a fine, humble young man who is a pleasure to spend time around. Passionate about Gobblers?? Yes he is.

Wow indeed..

Andy you're much too kind my friend. I'm just a ragged ole turkey hunter from Georgia who tries his best to hear every one of them he can up close each season. I am thinking Gould though. . .
Royal Slam 2008

derek

Dave, I thoroughly enjoyed the read and congratulations on your accomplishments.  I greatly admire your respect and passion for these birds we all love so much.  You are the real deal. 
www.youtube.com/thebaysidelegion

www.thebaysidelegion.com

deerhunt1988

I've been checking the forum every few days awaiting your post. Congrats on yet another incredible season! 

owlhoot

Congrats on a great season ! You definitely get after it  :icon_thumright:

datrip

Congrats Dave on all of your successes this Spring. By the looks of your pics and reading your stories it sure felt I was looking over your shoulder for each kill. Thanks for taking the time to post it all up for us to enjoy as well.

But more so, thank you for giving credit to the One who alone deserves it. Well done sir, well done!!
Whatever is over my head is under His feet.
Member of the Tenth Legion since 2007

GSLAM95

Your commitment to fulfill such a dream shows a spirited dedication that is indeed inspiring Dave and I would also like to say congratulations on your US Slam and thanks for sharing your season.

Apologizing:  does not always mean you are wrong and the other person is right. 
It just means that you value your relationship more than your ego.

wvboy

Congrats on quite a feat.. and six years .. that is amazing.. great season.. I always enjoy your pics and videos.. looking forward to watching your new vids when you get them up.
RB .. Take me Home Country Roads