News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Alright, y'all recommend me a good pot.

Started by Swampchickin234, June 05, 2016, 12:23:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HFultzjr

Quote from: Swampchickin234 on June 05, 2016, 09:48:08 AM
And alright, since y'all got my wheels turning on pot call, what about these spring creek box calls?   Need one of those too right?

An could somebody pm me contact info for Lonnie sneed Cornelius and brad Roberts?  Thanks. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Springcreek box calls?

Mike at Springcreek has great customer service and his calls are 1st class.
I have several of his short boxes that sound as good as, or better, than calls costing much more.
Well within your budget and some listed in the classifieds have sound files to go with them.
Can't go wrong with his Long Boxes, Short Boxes, and Scratchers.....I at least 1 of each.
Highly recommended.
Give him a shout.....great guy!

:drool:

codym

I agree you can't go wrong with Mike at Spring Creek. I asked him if he could put something together for me and he had it to my door before the week was over. Great guy, great call, great price, not sure what else you can ask for.

sixbird

I bought a call from Mike and had some questions on how to run it...A vid., made just for me, showed up in my email a couple of days later, detailing how to run it...Good man and great calls...

Swampchickin234

I shouldn't have started this conversation. All these ideas. I started this as an innocent questionnaire on finding another new pot to play with, wound up slipping up and asked about a box call, and now you fellers are harassing me with all this jaz about mikes a great guy.  So, I guess that means I need a spring creek box, and somehow need to decide what pot .  Y'all are terrible influences!!  Terrible!  Eer body should just be ashamed.  ????????????????

tha bugman

Hooks slate doesn't sound too bad.  I have a Gooserbat Ol Hickory I like as well.

sixbird

Quote from: Swampchickin234 on June 05, 2016, 11:33:15 PM
I shouldn't have started this conversation. All these ideas. I started this as an innocent questionnaire on finding another new pot to play with, wound up slipping up and asked about a box call, and now you fellers are harassing me with all this jaz about mikes a great guy.  So, I guess that means I need a spring creek box, and somehow need to decide what pot .  Y'all are terrible influences!!  Terrible!  Eer body should just be ashamed.  ????????????????

Hey, hang with a bad crowd...You get what you ask for... :happy0167:

sixbird

Mike's bloodwood over cedar short box is a nice one...Call and I'm sure he'll run them for you. He's a great guy and he'll make you scream mercy... :gobble:

HFultzjr

Quote from: Swampchickin234 on June 05, 2016, 11:33:15 PM

Good work guys!
We got another one hooked.
It's an addiction.

Va3toes

Quote from: sixbird on June 06, 2016, 08:16:01 AM
Mike's bloodwood over cedar short box is a nice one...Call and I'm sure he'll run them for you. He's a great guy and he'll make you scream mercy... :gobble:

X2!

I like Wendell's Lights Out slate over glass.

masters75

John Sinclair cocobolo titanium over glass has been a favorite of mine for a few years. Last year I had him make a custom 3.25'' mesquite titanium over glass from a bull mesquite that died on my place and fell the turkeys used to roost in. I used a variety of his calls to call in successfully 26 toms this spring for myself, family, and other hunters to be killed.  No matter if you choose copper, brass, titanium, slate, Johns calls are hard to beat!

KansasGobbler

In no particular order:

--Mark Mueller oak slate/aluminum
--Halloran Wenge laminate slate
--Schaeffer walnut slate/aluminum
--Longnecker padauk slate

Tail Feathers

Hard to beat a good slate.  Bud and Betty (is he still making them?), Pat Strawser and my Lonnie Sneed Hot Hen is hard to beat.  So is Lonnie's price!
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

beakbuster10

Hersh's walnut copper trough is my go to friction call.

MDSTRUTNRUT

I'm not a good caller but that being said my Lonnie Sneed Outlaw Hen brought them to the gun this year.     Sounds GREAT to me, I guess to the turkeys too and will not break your bank account .    Call Lonnie and get him to run a couple calls over the phone  DONT BE IN A HURRY you'll be on the phone for awhile.    Havent seen an unsatisfied customer on here yet.

American Strutter

Here's a picture of our slate. Cherry pot and over a glass soundboard and dymondwood striker.

If your interested in a crystal, here is one in a Padauk pot