OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Alright, y'all recommend me a good pot.

Started by Swampchickin234, June 05, 2016, 12:23:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swampchickin234

I'm gettin the itch. Need a call like a hole in my head but I want one. So I feel like I'm gonna have to buy one. Open to suggestions. Would like to keep under 75$ and would prefer a good ol playin slate.  What say y'all? 
Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happy

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

PALongspur

Give Mark Cornelius a call and get on the list for his "new" slate!

boatpaddle

Recognize
Adapt
Overcome

dejake

wvmntnhick

As always, my first recommendation for pot calls in general is Yingling. After that I'd say you could look into the hot hen by Lonnie Sneed. John Sinclair has his yellowheart slate and I like it so far but once my Yingling and Sneed slates get here, the Sinclair may find its way to another vest or the classifieds. I really won't need 3 as I rarely use a slate anyway. If you're looking for a Sneed call, best call and get on the list now. It'll be d of summer or fall before you can get one at this point. Good luck with whatever you choose.

Spitten and drummen

Brad Roberts just finished up a design of slate over glass in a walnut or popalar pot. I heard the soundfiles and ordered one right away. They are 75 shipped and come with a matched one piece striker.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Swampchickin234

I don't know if I should say dang y'all or thank y'all lol.  Yep, definitely gonna have to get one.  Thanks for all the suggestions.   Y'all just keep in givin me ideas. Thank y'all. 

Swampchickin234

And alright, since y'all got my wheels turning on pot call, what about these spring creek box calls?   Need one of those too right?

An could somebody pm me contact info for Lonnie sneed Cornelius and brad Roberts?  Thanks. 

renegade19

Gary Taylor from Stone Road Calls makes some fantastic calls. 

quavers59

Bowguy

The best slates Ive heard are Schafers and Hallorans laminate. Imo other halloran calls are the craze but the laminate just sounds better.

letinmfly

Good suggestions so far.  Another one is a member on here... mspaci... Mike Paciello.
Captain of the former Gobble Kings

VaTuRkStOmPeR

You need to run the call yourself instead of ordering and hoping.

I've got 2 dozen calls upstairs in my drawers that were ordered, look pretty and are mediocre in sound quality.

Go to a show or visit the call maker at his shop and play the pots with the strikers you choose. 

All turkey calls make turkey sounds. Not all calls have "it."

jepcho

First off, all the calls listed above are excellent. Just wanted to throw another one at you. Kevin Farr of pecker wrecker turkey calls makes some awesome sounding pot calls. If you're in the market for some really good sounding calls made to flat out hunt, look him up.