turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Big angry fish

Started by renegade19, May 30, 2016, 02:48:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

renegade19

Pic from last weeks tarpon adventure.  Thrill of a lifetime for me! 

Frylock

Great shot! 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marc

I went to grad school in Florida...  Caught some awful cool fish there.  Tarpon topped the list by a good margin...  Sportiest fish ever!
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

TrackeySauresRex

Right on! I love Big angry fish! Were you fly fishing??
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

renegade19

Quote from: TrackeySauresRex on May 30, 2016, 04:07:26 PM
Right on! I love Big angry fish! Were you fly fishing??

No, but the bite was so good that day that you could have gotten some takes on the fly.  My first trip ever for tarpon so I had a guide and was using herring on heavy spinning tackle.

renegade19

"Small" fish from earlier on the same trip.

Snood Life

kyturkeyhunter4

Bowguy

Awesome! Tarpon are way cool but I love bonefish too. Great fish and awesome times

renegade19

Quote from: Bowguy on May 31, 2016, 12:20:00 PM
Awesome! Tarpon are way cool but I love bonefish too. Great fish and awesome times
I've got bonefish in the back of my mind but next time I'm down that way I might hit the canals around Miami and have a go at peacocks.  I'm too poor/cheap to fly to south America to chase them but Florida seems like a good option?

g8rvet

Very nice.  Keys?

I just got back from Boca Grande this weekend.  First ever Tarpon and Cuda for me.  Caught on a crab.  I got this one to eat on my fourth cast. I should have played the lottery. Long fight.
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

eorlando

Quote from: g8rvet on May 31, 2016, 02:02:09 PM
Very nice.  Keys?

I just got back from Boca Grande this weekend.  First ever Tarpon and Cuda for me.  Caught on a crab.  I got this one to eat on my fourth cast. I should have played the lottery. Long fight.
Very nice Larry. You were down in my neck of the woods. Boca Grande is a blast this time of the year. It get to be like a 3 ring circus out there with all the boats though.

renegade19

Very nice.  Keys?

Nice!  Mine all came on herring.  Small fish in the pic was my first take/hookup ever.  I was in Fort Myers.  Fish came off of Sanibel Island.

g8rvet

Quote from: eorlando on May 31, 2016, 02:13:54 PM
Very nice.  Keys?

Very nice Larry. You were down in my neck of the woods. Boca Grande is a blast this time of the year. It get to be like a 3 ring circus out there with all the boats though.
Hey brother.   We hooked him on the beach, away from the circus.  Did take us there for about 15 minutes of the fight.  Has me wanting to go back and snook fish with my own boat. Brother in laws is a little large. 
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

g8rvet

Nice!  Mine all came on herring.  Small fish in the pic was my first take/hookup ever.  I was in Fort Myers.  Fish came off of Sanibel Island.
[/quote]
Sanibel not too far at all as the tarpon swims!